New here

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby Hoyden » May 16th, 2006, 8:54 pm

LindsaySF wrote:I won't go through Tamara and her favorite moderator bullying me again. I WON'T.

Don't let Miss Meow Meow bother you. She is NOT our favorite kitty - only Eric and Joyce's.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby Jaime » May 16th, 2006, 8:55 pm

hey that wasn't very nice toward a fellow member...
Jaime
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » May 16th, 2006, 8:57 pm

MOD HAT ON. This is the intro section. Anything other than a hello & welcome to the board needs to be posted elsewhere or in pm's. Leave other board drama at other boards MOD HAT OFF
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby pitbullmamaliz » May 16th, 2006, 9:08 pm

Lindsay, welcome to the group! Stick around and check us out a little bit before making hasty decisions. You'll find even our heated discussions are very passive. ALL are welcome here.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Jaime » May 16th, 2006, 9:15 pm

yes- do stay a while- you may see some friendly familiar faces :newB:
Jaime
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » May 16th, 2006, 9:25 pm

And do NOT take it to this thread. If you want to remain a member here you will refrain from name calling. You have been warned more than once. Take it pm's. NOW

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Sue » May 16th, 2006, 9:35 pm

Hi Lindsay, I'm in Wtby...

Welcome *waving from my ivory tower :) *
Sue
Bull Meister

Postby Hoyden » May 16th, 2006, 9:48 pm

Lindsay please don't let those two chase you away. Stay around and I'm sure you will enjoy yourself.

And for the record, I think that YOU TWO, and you KNOW who you are should be ashamed of yourselves! You rarely post here, but decided to drag your unwelcomed drama over to this board. Save it for housekeeping, we don't want it and we really don't care.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby Jaime » May 16th, 2006, 9:52 pm

c'mon i thought this was to be in pm's and out of intro's

can't you people at least be pleasant i wanted to welcome lindsay to a new forum where she can be helpful and post links--

and copy/paste info with you guys :itsOK:

:mrHappy: welcome, lindsay!! :mrHappy:
Last edited by Jaime on May 16th, 2006, 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jaime
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Sue » May 16th, 2006, 9:53 pm

Hoyden wrote:Lindsay please don't let those two chase you away. Stay around and I'm sure you will enjoy yourself.

And for the record, I think that YOU TWO, and you KNOW who you are should be ashamed of yourselves! You rarely post here, but decided to drag your unwelcomed drama over to this board. Save it for housekeeping, we don't want it and we really don't care.

Yeah, what she said....
Sue
Bull Meister

Postby cheekymunkee » May 16th, 2006, 9:56 pm

Jaime wrote:c'mon i thought this was to be in pm's and out of intro's

can't you people at least be pleasant i wanted to welcome lindsay to a new forum mwhere she can be helpful and post links--

and copy/paste info with you guys :itsOK:

:mrHappy: welcome, lindsay!! :mrHappy:

You've welcomed her......now move along. Nothing to see here. If you wish to contribute to the board, feel free to do so. if you are here to start crap, you can leave now.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Purple » May 16th, 2006, 10:12 pm

Hi Lindsay, Welcome. I hope you don't mind the stink, it will go away after awhile, it always does. :trollDance:
Purple
I live here

Postby LindsaySF » May 16th, 2006, 10:36 pm

Thank you for the welcome guys. I'm actually surprised that 2 certain people have embarrassed themselves so...

As for the "links" and "copy/paste info" mentioned by one of said people, that is something you all will quickly notice about me. I like to post links. A lot. I think they are helpful. :D I was nicknamed "Linky Lindsay" on the other forum by my "friends" over there.

When it comes to parasites (heartworm, hookworm, giardia, etc) and common veterinary diseases, I think my intelligence scares people off. :| Oh well. That's not my problem. I mean, I should know a fair bit about it, being my MAJOR and all right? Perhaps some people feel insecure and inadequate and lash out? I don't know. Either way, I'll try not to be condescending or anything when I talk about my worms. :)

~Lindsay~
LindsaySF
Confident Young Bully

Postby Romanwild » May 16th, 2006, 10:38 pm

Hello and welcome to PBT! :gruven:
Romanwild
I live here

Postby a-bull » May 16th, 2006, 10:49 pm

LindsaySF wrote:Thank you for the welcome guys. I'm actually surprised that 2 certain people have embarrassed themselves so...

As for the "links" and "copy/paste info" mentioned by one of said people, that is something you all will quickly notice about me. I like to post links. A lot. I think they are helpful. :D I was nicknamed "Linky Lindsay" on the other forum by my "friends" over there.

When it comes to parasites (heartworm, hookworm, giardia, etc) and common veterinary diseases, I think my intelligence scares people off. :| Oh well. That's not my problem. I mean, I should know a fair bit about it, being my MAJOR and all right? Perhaps some people feel insecure and inadequate and lash out? I don't know. Either way, I'll try not to be condescending or anything when I talk about my worms. :)

~Lindsay~

Nothing wrong with posting links, etc. Some people know what they want to say, but just can't 'say' it, so just posting a link solves the prob.---plus, as much as I like to hear people's ideas, sometimes, particularly regarding medical stuff, etc., I like to check out the source of the info.

I'd be uncomfortable with any forum that is bothered by links to information.

Oh, and . . . . Welcome!! :wave:
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » May 16th, 2006, 10:52 pm

Yep, links are kind of a "requirement" around here, we like to see proof of what one says so we can seperate fact from opinion.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby a-bull » May 16th, 2006, 10:54 pm

cheekymunkee wrote:Yep, links are kind of a "requirement" around here, we like to see proof of what one says so we can seperate fact from opinion.

Exactly, and if your info. has a source, it's only appropriate to mention it or add a link . . .
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here

Postby bridge city bullies » May 16th, 2006, 10:59 pm

Hi Lindsay :) Nice to see you here.
bridge city bullies
Just Whelped

Postby LindsaySF » May 16th, 2006, 11:01 pm

a-bull wrote:plus, as much as I like to hear people's ideas, sometimes, particularly regarding medical stuff, etc., I like to check out the source of the info.

Exactly! I'm glad you understand.

And with as many scientific papers as I have written in my classes, it has pretty much been ingrained in me to provide sources for EVERYTHING. It is like science research gospel or something. :)

I'd be uncomfortable with any forum that is bothered by links to information.

Well no one seemed to mind on the other forum actually. They joked with me about it, and I got the nickname, but it was all in good fun. A few people even PM'ed me asking for additional info during certain threads.

This 'let's make fun of Lindsay for posting links' thing that has shown up in this thread is new.

~Lindsay~
LindsaySF
Confident Young Bully

Postby a-bull » May 16th, 2006, 11:03 pm

Well, link away!! :)

The more info. the merrier!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
DISCLAIMER:

a-bull
I live here

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions