Ah, Another Pit Bull Forum To Call My Home

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby Diesels Momma » September 23rd, 2009, 2:05 am

:wave2: Hello everyone,

My name is Malissa and I am from South-Central Michigan. I have been raised all my life around bully breeds and have always admired their determination, strength, courage, forgiveness, love, and devotion. They are truly the best family dog I could ever ask for. I got my first bully dog when I was 15 and she was rescued from a shelter. Sheva was a Rhodesian Ridge back/APBT and she was a very loving well mannered dog, she was eager to learn and please. A good dog to start me out in the world of Pit Bulls. Sadly her stay was short lived when she developed a lump that turned out to be cancer. Upon further examination the cancer had spread before it was caught. Sheva was four when she slipped out of my life in her sleep. Waiting at the rainbow bridge.

I am now 20 years old and owned by Diesel a 5 month old APBT Mix, there's some controversy on his mix because of the type of males on the property of the idiots my friend saved him from. We do know they had to registered male APBT's, 1 male American bulldog and 1 male Great Dane, their female (momma) was a registered APBT. However their being registered doesn't mean these were good people. In fact although momma was never outside, always inside so it had to be one of their dogs who was daddy, they didn't know which, my friend took Diesel off their hands when she witnessed A) The poor boy living outside on a thick chain with no food, water, or shelter. B) She witnessed him hit him.

She had planned to keep him but family swayed her decision and he came to me with a few problems. He suffered leash reactivity which, is now nill however he still barks. Extreme separation anxiety and absolutely no manners, no one ever tried. He was almost 3 months when I got him and he is my big baby. Still working on the barking and separation anxiety but I'm sure we'll get over it.

I am also owned by Angel my 13 yr old GSD/Husky mix. Another big baby with some issues, she has epilepsy however it is pretty much controlled with meds, she also suffers from arthritis and partial deafness/blindness.

And last but not least I am owned by Cricket my scaredy cat. She is a 1 year old GSD/lab from what I was told. She looks like a Medium GSD with small floppy ears. She is a big love bug but has some issues as well, separation anxiety, Shuts down during training. All things we've been working on since we got her.

All my babies are rescues and I love them dearly. I enjoy having places to talk about them and am glad I found your site, which, I found through dogsbite.org EXPOSED.

I also Belong to Pitbull-chat.com, Pitbullforum.com and game-dog.com I hope to have a lot of fun here and thanks for having me.

It won't let me post pictures, to small.
Diesels Momma
Just Whelped

Postby iluvk9 » September 23rd, 2009, 6:52 am

Welcome to the forum, Malissa! :) Glad you joined up.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » September 23rd, 2009, 7:02 am

I've never seen that Dogsbite.org EXPOSED website. I had to google it to find it and I can't wait to read it!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby TheRedQueen » September 23rd, 2009, 8:11 am

Welcome to PBT! :wave2:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Jenn » September 23rd, 2009, 9:21 am

:wave2: Hello and welcome
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby ArtGypsy » September 23rd, 2009, 9:28 am

:wave2: :wave2: Waving to you From Nebraska!! :wave2: :wave2:

Welcome to PBT!!!
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby madremissy » September 23rd, 2009, 9:58 am

Hello and Welcome :wave2:
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby Diesels Momma » September 23rd, 2009, 3:15 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, I'm kind of surprised some people have not heard of dogsbite.org EXPOSED. It's been going around the Pit Bull community like wildfire.
Diesels Momma
Just Whelped

Postby Marinepits » September 23rd, 2009, 5:48 pm

Welcome and enjoy the forum!
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Return to Introductions