A little More About Us

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby bridge city bullies » May 6th, 2006, 12:28 pm

:newB: :newB: :newB: :newB:

We are a married couple with no children, who absolutely love animals of all sizes and shapes. We both began volunteering at our local Humane Society and have been doing that now for about 3 years. During this time we have met a lot of great, caring people and we have felt an even greater need to help animals in crisis. As our city is quite small and there is only 1 Humane Society, which is a no-kill facility, we felt that it was necessary to establish an organization that would help to protect and keep alive a very special and misunderstood breed of dog. We chose the bully breeds, as we have rescued two ourselves and fell in love with them instantly. We have had mixed reactions when we take them out in public, but it seems that once we let people know that our dogs are friendly and say it's okay if they give them a pat, people are generally quite surprised at how friendly they are and comment on how cute and beautiful they are. This gave us the idea that it would be great if we could educate people on a broader scale and perhaps use our dogs as an example of how wonderful these dogs can be. We then got a few phone calls about abandonned pit bulls and decided to take them in, get them checked by a veterinarian and nurse them back to health. We of course, then wanted to find them the best possible homes and we began our organization. We feel that by promoting these dogs in a positive light and finding responsible owners for them, we can perhaps dispell some or all of their tarnished image.
We also have 4 cats (3 of whom were rescued from the Humane Society) who are used to ruling the house and are a bit upset that they now have to share with our bullies. They all get along, but the kittie toys can no longer be left out as the dogs think everything is for them and they eat the cat toys. We have quite a houseful, but we love every moment of it. These pets give us so much joy and enrich our lives so much that we could not imagine getting through life without them.
We hope to meet lots of great people in this forum and think it's awesome that there is a place we can go to share stories and get advice and support. We look forward to meeting all of you
bridge city bullies
Just Whelped

Postby PittieLove » May 6th, 2006, 1:01 pm

Welcome :D
Bulldog Pride.
PittieLove
Confident Young Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » May 6th, 2006, 1:04 pm

There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Patch O' Pits » May 6th, 2006, 1:23 pm

Welcome to the forum!
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby luvmyangels » May 6th, 2006, 1:33 pm

Welcome.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby satanscheerleader » May 6th, 2006, 4:08 pm

:D
satanscheerleader
Loyally Bully

Postby Jenn » May 6th, 2006, 9:02 pm

Hello and welcome!! :)
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby Asta » May 7th, 2006, 5:33 pm

Hello and welcome :wave:

Cheers,

Åsa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby SisMorphine » May 7th, 2006, 6:21 pm

Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby chance's mom » May 9th, 2006, 12:10 am

welcome :)
chance's mom
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby LindsaySF » May 16th, 2006, 8:53 pm

Welcome!! I remember you guys from pbsmiles. It is nice to see you here. :)
LindsaySF
Confident Young Bully

Postby Hoyden » May 16th, 2006, 10:05 pm

Welcome!
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Return to Introductions