Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby Cult37 » March 15th, 2009, 5:29 pm

I just wanted to join up here after having been involved with the breed for some time and having various experiences with other sites...most sites I have found are iffy, or I am not comfortable with the people and or the admins or owners... lots of BS in the PB world these days...
I am a young-ish guy, college senior and awaiting the adoption of my second pit bull at the beginning of summer when school is over. My first pit bull was a rescue dog that I fostered for a year until she could be rehomed I consider her mine because I did a lot of work with her and her owner basically dumped her on me and I couldn't keep her forever, but I loved her either way.
I am also here because I was doing some research about another forum when I found some discussion of that forum here and like a few peeps here I am likely to become a banned member :mad2: :bs: there in the near future, we'll see. either way, feel free to ask any questions... I will likely not post a whole lot here until I feel a little acclimated and get to know some of the names here...
Cult37
Just Whelped

Postby Marinepits » March 15th, 2009, 5:35 pm

Welcome to the forum! How did you get involved with pit bulls? What drew you to them?
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby cheekymunkee » March 15th, 2009, 5:45 pm

Welcome!!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Cult37 » March 15th, 2009, 5:59 pm

I got involved about three years ago when a friend of a friend needed a place to live and showed up with his pit bull. I knew nothing about them, and was afraid for my life that his crazy dogs brain would swell or something else would cause it to "turn" and I would be the next pit bull mauling news story... after about a two days of trying to stay away from the dog I Couldn't take her sweet looks and requests for attention anymore. Slowly I began to trust her and eventually we were best friends... the guy moved out on night when I was away at a lady friends and couldn't take the dog with him so I came home in the morning to the dog and no guy, I waited for like a week of not seeing him and feeding and caring for the dog to check his room which was empty, his cellphone was turned off and I had no way to get in contact with him. I kept her for a year until my lease ran out and I had to move in a college town there was no finding a pet friendly apartment so I had to rehome her.
when I first got to know her I decided to read the entire internets combined knowledge of the breed and ended up at a forum/rescue that had a lot of good info and good people and I also found a few sites that scared me a little... anyway long story short I stayed a lowly forum member for a long time and eventually began getting more involved with rescuing and volunteering and had been a GSD owner/ handler all my life so I started training pit bulls too, I got more involved with all the rescue type of things I could and the more I learned about the rescue world in some corners of the net the less I liked one day I was researching the place and I found this place, I have been reading a lot of the info on here for about two weeks and decided to join up. one one hand because I am addicted to Pit-bull forumness and on the other hand I am likely on the top of the ban list for speaking my mind...
I have fostered, trained, transported and pulled about 50 dogs in all and every pitbull I meet is the same story,a sweet dog that had too much energy or the owner was moving...all the BS stories that lead a dog into a rescue, so I am hooked and I can't stop talking to my friends family, neighbors, co-workers or anyone that will listen about pit bulls.
Cult37
Just Whelped

Postby iluvk9 » March 15th, 2009, 6:06 pm

Welcome to the forum! :wave2:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Marinepits » March 15th, 2009, 6:07 pm

Oh, and we ban people for the use of the word "pit bull". :wink:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby madremissy » March 15th, 2009, 6:29 pm

Hello and Welcome to PBT :wave2:
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby Jenn » March 15th, 2009, 6:48 pm

lol

Hello and welcome, jump right in, you'll learn names better that way. :wave2:
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby LMM » March 15th, 2009, 6:56 pm

Ah yes, another one the honeymoon has ended for. Welcome to the forum!

I might have missed it but where are you from?
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 15th, 2009, 7:06 pm

Welcome! Pitbulltalk is a safe haven for people who have been banned elsewhere. :giggle: Long as you follow the forum rules you'll be golden here. And I agree with Jenn - best way to get to know us (and vice versa!) is to jump right in with both feet.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Cult37 » March 15th, 2009, 7:57 pm

I have specifically declined mentioning the exact forum I am on the verge of being banned from for a reason, I dont need drama following me, a few of you will be able to figure it out as you have been banned from the same place, and no, it wasn't for breaking the rules unless dissent is a punishable offense.
Cult37
Just Whelped

Postby LMM » March 15th, 2009, 8:14 pm

Oh but you see, the drama doesn't follow you over here. They don't come here :| ......punks.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby Cult37 » March 15th, 2009, 9:16 pm

I have to say that most of the people there are good people, most have the right thing in heart. I like a lot of the people, I can't sling mud about the people who are real and dedicated and believe in things wholeheartedly whether or not they investigate for themselves is a different issue.
Cult37
Just Whelped

Postby LMM » March 15th, 2009, 9:23 pm

Oh I've always said there are good people involved in that forum. For me it's really only the top dog and a few of the people closest to him who know the shyt that goes on.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby Jenn » March 15th, 2009, 9:56 pm

Introductions only, please and thank you! ;)

You are very welcome here, and we hope you enjoy the forum!
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby KJS » March 16th, 2009, 10:15 am

Hello and welcome in! :mrgreen:
Dont breed or buy while shelter animals die!
KJS
Supremely Bully

Postby DownAndOut » March 16th, 2009, 2:45 pm

i think i KNOW you! yay! a friendly face!

and unfortunately, they do come here and peek so they can divulge the info to the "top dog"
DownAndOut
Just Whelped

Postby Marinepits » March 16th, 2009, 2:46 pm

Okay, y'all. The intro area is for intros only. Get your butts out on the forum and get to posting! :wink:
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby madremissy » March 16th, 2009, 2:51 pm

:wave2: Hello and Welcome to PBT.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby BigDogBuford » March 16th, 2009, 4:36 pm

Hello and welcome!
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Next

Return to Introductions