helllllooooo alll

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby blacklabel9698 » January 7th, 2009, 4:03 pm

Just adopted a pit bull from a rescue who shall remain nameless....but any way i had a good experiance with them and now have a great puppy CASTOR Image
i am just now expanding to differant forums to get as many opinions and tips possible. so i can raise a great role model pit bull!!!! :wave2:
blacklabel9698
Just Whelped

Postby Jenn » January 7th, 2009, 4:05 pm

Awww what a cute little guy, love the unusual coloring. :) Hello and welcome to PBT! What made you decide to adopt Castor, and what is your favorite pizza?
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby blacklabel9698 » January 7th, 2009, 4:11 pm

i adopted castor because for about 7 years i ihave wanted a pit bull mostly because the ones i had seen showed a great amount of loyalty and smarts....i finally had my own place and decied it was time. he has been with us for about 3 weeks now. just getting used to having 2 dogs ( our other dog is a pomapoo haha!). so far he ios great and egar to learn. our only battle right now is he has a small bit of mange we are tring to take care of before the 14 which is his puppy school as you probly knopw the mange prevents us from being able to give him his last distemper and rabies shots! but other than that we are getting along just fine. AAAAANNNNDDDD my favorite pizza is bacon and cheese!!!!!
blacklabel9698
Just Whelped

Postby Jenn » January 7th, 2009, 4:25 pm

Well congrats on your adoption, I hope you get the mange cleared up really soon, and are able to finish your school. Looking forward to seeing more photos of Castor and your pomapoo too. :)
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby blacklabel9698 » January 7th, 2009, 4:29 pm

yes shouldnt be to big of a deal from what my research has returned. but we are being very proactive about it because this doggie needs puppy school! but i love him to death and so far great pup!!!
blacklabel9698
Just Whelped

Postby cheekymunkee » January 7th, 2009, 4:29 pm

There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby PitLoverJennO » January 7th, 2009, 4:54 pm

I am sure there will be some people who will outcast me for this but who cares. You want advice, I followed the training of Ceasar Milan. I have also dealt with a woman here in New York who has been called the Female Dog Whisperer. His teachings on being the pack leader is incredible. Go to his website and order his CD's. It's helped me so much. I went from knowing nothing to educating myself and becoming a much better dog owner. Make sure everyone in your home is committed to the same training too.

Also, WALK WALK WALK WALK WALK your dog. You will be amazed at how much the two of you will bond. I walk Sue an hour before work and an hour after and I was baffled at how much it really works. I have a different, more respectable and more socialized dog.

I'm not an expert and I don't pretend to be. I don't know a lot but I do know what works for my bullies.

Good Luck.
There are three kinds of people: the ones who make things happen, the ones who watch what's happening and the ones who wonder what happened.
PitLoverJennO
Just Whelped

Postby PitLoverJennO » January 7th, 2009, 4:56 pm

Oh by the way. HE IS SOOOOO FREAKING CUTE. I haven't lucky to see either one of my dogs as puppies so I hope you really enjoy watching this little one grow up.
There are three kinds of people: the ones who make things happen, the ones who watch what's happening and the ones who wonder what happened.
PitLoverJennO
Just Whelped

Postby blacklabel9698 » January 7th, 2009, 5:06 pm

yes i too have been tring to walk as much as possible not only to socailize but to keep him from messing in the house, as he has no way of telling me he needs to go he just goes!!!! :x I have notice d that when i first got him he could barley walk on a leash but is now doing much better! we have him currently enrolled for the 14th but if he can not get his shots by then im afraid we will not be able to bring him to this session! He is smart though and i am no dog trainer but, 2 weeks ago he didnt know sit and now he gets it almost every time with no treat!!!!! its funny i telll him to SIT! and he does then i tell my fiancee SEEEE this iss the calm submissive state we are looking for hahahahaha! then i usually go on and tell her im the real dog whisperer! and if she talks back i just go chhhhhhhshhh! LMAO
blacklabel9698
Just Whelped

Postby blacklabel9698 » January 7th, 2009, 5:06 pm

blacklabel9698
Just Whelped

Postby SisMorphine » January 7th, 2009, 5:12 pm

Since he's still so young I would keep the walks to a minimum, you don't want to hurt his growing joints by making him do too much too fast!

Oh what a cutie pie! Those ears are killing me :) Welcome to the board.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby blacklabel9698 » January 7th, 2009, 5:40 pm

^^^ i will keep that in mind. though i have not been really working him. i do intend on working him hard when he gets bigger though. im really interested in trying to get him into a frisbee!!!!
blacklabel9698
Just Whelped

Postby iluvk9 » January 7th, 2009, 6:44 pm

Welcome to PBT. Those ears are to die for. 8)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby LMM » January 7th, 2009, 7:48 pm

Oh that rescue :rolleyes2: I recognize Castor the Cutie!

Welcome to PBT :D :wave2:
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby amazincc » January 7th, 2009, 7:51 pm

Welcome to PBT!

Castor is adorable... :)
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby madremissy » January 7th, 2009, 8:18 pm

Hello and Welcome to PBT :wave2:
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby pitbullmamaliz » January 7th, 2009, 8:25 pm

Welcome! :wave:

There's no need for other forums -this one is the best. :wink:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby ArtGypsy » January 7th, 2009, 10:44 pm

pitbullmamaliz wrote:Welcome! :wave:

There's no need for other forums -this one is the best. :wink:

I'LL SECOND THAT!!!!!!! :wave2: :wave2: :wave2: :wave2:

-------Jody, who's looked around enough to know!!
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby jnreem » January 8th, 2009, 3:23 pm

Oh my what a cutie!!! I love his coloring!! I love Ceasar Milan too!!
Jenn & Buddy
jnreem
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby blacklabel9698 » January 8th, 2009, 3:56 pm

thank you! i though his coloring was unique and since my parents are/were pitbull haters i thought he would be more approachable. i just tell anyone who asks hes a lab hahaha!
blacklabel9698
Just Whelped

Next

Return to Introductions