New here from Rochester NY :)

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby Rolex+Deebo » December 27th, 2008, 2:01 am

:wave2:
Hi, i have 2 APBTs, Deebo and Rolex. Rolex is a bit DA so I crate and rotate them, and they are spoiled rotten! Since I moved to this neighborhood I have found, fixed, Veted, and found good homes for 3 apbt(one stayed) Any body on here from around Rochester NY? Im always looking for friends. :wink:
Rolex I have had for 5, going on 6 years. He is all white blue nose, at 65lbs and UKC reg. He is my heart dog, my child, and best friend. Over the past 5 years I have spent over $5000, to keep his butt alive, so he is living up to his name in $. lol The major problem right now is his heart murmur. I was told he would live to be 6 months to a year because it is so bad. Well he's still here and kicking! And I am thankful for every day I have with him. He has his CGC, and 2 legs toward his UKC CD. Hopefully getting that 3rd one this coming August. In the mean time, I have started him in AKC rally, I hope he gets his ILP# so we can compete in that too. He can do all of the exercises, I just cant remember what the signs mean! LOL
Deebo I have had since spring. He is one rescue that just stuck, and stayed. He is a red nose / red-fawn brindle, and 90 lbs. He looks like a mini DDB(french mastiff). When I found him he was 60lbs and all bones and skin looking, with sores all over. The sores were in weird spots on his legs and belly, not fighting scars, so I couldn't figure what they were from. Well the Vet. said that they are consistent with a dog kept in its own waste, and those sores were like "chemical burns" from the pee and poo. He is all better now, and working on manners. He is just a big hunk of love and slobber, just very affectionate! And a BIG chicken $hit! scared of everything, but we are working on that too. :) I am working on his CGC, and hope to get him in to weight-pull. I think he would really enjoy that.
PR Top Line's Inna White Tee CGC ~aka~ ♥Rolex♥
Deebo ~aka~ Slobber Monkey
Scahill's Goddess Of Light CGC TDI ~aka~ Ziva

Until he extends his circle of compassion to include all living things, man will not himself find peace. Albert Schweitzer
Rolex+Deebo
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby KJS » December 27th, 2008, 4:48 am

Hello and welcome in! :mrgreen:
Dont breed or buy while shelter animals die!
KJS
Supremely Bully

Postby SisMorphine » December 27th, 2008, 9:23 am

Welcome to the board! I can't wait to see pics :)
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby StalkerBlueDog » December 27th, 2008, 9:45 am

Welcome fellow Rochestarian! There's quite a crew of us here. I'm actually in Canandaigua now but lived in the city for 5 years and grew up in Greece. I don't have pits, I have a fluffy blue dog (sheltie) and a tri aussie pup, but that doesn't keep me from mingling with the pit crew at the obedience club I'm the training director of in Henrietta. Can't wait to learn more about you and your crew.

Oh.. and pictures are of course a must. :)
Jill Rakin CPDT-KA
"DAWN" U-CH Canami's Age of Aquarius CD RE AX OAJ NF CGC/TDI (1/3 AXJ, 1/5 U-GRCH, MACH pt'd)
"KAYLEE" U-CH Canami's Protector of Serenity (AKC major Pt'd)
"LEIA" Sorella's Rebel Princess (UKC pt'd)
"LUKE"Canami Sorella's A New Hope RN
StalkerBlueDog
My dog can kick your sheep's ass

Postby pitbullmamaliz » December 27th, 2008, 9:52 am

Welcome! :wave:

I'm not from Rochester but I come visit the Rochestarians occasionally. :)
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby TheRedQueen » December 27th, 2008, 10:34 am

Hi and welcome! :D

Though not from Rochester, I do like their flyball team...and try and see them quite often! ;)

And yes, pics are a must! :wave2:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby LMM » December 27th, 2008, 10:45 am

:wave2: Hello! Rochestarian here as well! I live in the neighborhood as well :wink: Where about are you?

I also have a few rescues that seem to be stuck, although that was not my plan :squint:
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby Jenn » December 27th, 2008, 11:14 am

Hello and welcome :wave2:
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby madremissy » December 27th, 2008, 11:45 am

:wave2: Hello and Welcome. Can't wait to see pictures of your crew.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby Rolex+Deebo » December 27th, 2008, 1:08 pm

Hi guys, and thanks for the warm welcome!!
StalkerBlueDog , What OB club? I would love to join a local OB club where Im not the only APBT lol
LMM , I lived between Thurston St and Genesee St, just moved to Maple St a month ago. A bit better here, but still not the greatest! :|
Ok, it won't let me post cuz my piks are too big. Ill try later. :cuss:

Until he extends his circle of compassion to include all living things, man will not himself find peace. Albert Schweitzer
Rolex+Deebo
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby iluvk9 » December 27th, 2008, 2:19 pm

Welcome! :wave2: I am not in Rochester, but I did drive through it once. :)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby StalkerBlueDog » December 27th, 2008, 2:58 pm

DOTCORNY. (Dog obedience training club of rochester NY) Michelle the forum owner, Matt, and Kendall are all members. There are also several members who have gone through classes at the club with Michelle or another instructor and ended up here somehow :wink: and a couple of club members who don't have pits are also members and supporters..but that's another story for another day. :D
Jill Rakin CPDT-KA
"DAWN" U-CH Canami's Age of Aquarius CD RE AX OAJ NF CGC/TDI (1/3 AXJ, 1/5 U-GRCH, MACH pt'd)
StalkerBlueDog

Postby LMM » December 27th, 2008, 4:11 pm

GET OUT :shock:

You live right in my hood, I live on Post Avenue! I'm on the "good" end towards Genesee Park Blvd lol
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby Rolex+Deebo » December 27th, 2008, 4:19 pm

LMM, thats awesome! It's not that bad in that area, beautiful houses!
StalkerBlueDog, I had a REALLY bad experience with DOTCORNY about 4 years ago, and haven't been back since. May be I'll give it another try, if you guys coax me. :D I need to get Deebo in to a class, and I was eyeballing the Rally classes they have lol.

OK, how do I make the pictures small enough to work here? I use Photobucket.

Rolex+Deebo
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby SisMorphine » December 27th, 2008, 4:35 pm

When you use the Photobucket edit option choose the one where the largest side is 500. Then it'll fit here on PBT!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine

Postby cheekymunkee » December 27th, 2008, 5:12 pm

There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Rolex+Deebo » December 27th, 2008, 5:18 pm

Ok, let me try again :rolleyes2:

Rolex:

Deebo will come once I re size all the piks :doh:

Rolex+Deebo
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby SisMorphine » December 27th, 2008, 5:23 pm

WOW! Rolex is GORGEOUS!!!! :shock:
SisMorphine

Postby Rolex+Deebo » December 27th, 2008, 5:26 pm

thank you, he is my pride and joy.

Rolex+Deebo
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby StalkerBlueDog » December 27th, 2008, 5:37 pm

Yeah. I know in the past there's been some problems.. a few people who are less then accepting.. but I kinda squeltched some of the "screaming for BSL" type behavior there this year.. and I at least tried to make it more of an accepting place for people with pits/amstaffs to train.. the president, treasurer,flyball team leader, agility training director and myself (obedience training director) were all on the same page about things this year which definately made it easier.

Come on and give it another shot. I'm sure Michelle can show you around the place and give you advice on what instructors are uber accepting of all breeds vs those that aren't as good at reading bully breeds. That's been the main problem with our instructors and we're trying to fix that.

We're having a seminar Feb 8th to hopefully help a bit with people's lack of being able to read dog body language.
Jill Rakin CPDT-KA
StalkerBlueDog

Next

Return to Introductions