Thanks Michelle! 8 weeks of Life with Lucy

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby LMM » December 15th, 2008, 5:18 pm

IloveLucy wrote:Your kidding..I'd love to see her! Post some pictures! I knew she had a sister. (two actually but I knew one did not make it) I was not sure where she ended up. How is she now. I heard she had a few steep vet bills. We were luck that Lucy was spared that. Do you have any other pets? We have a 13 year old lab that Lucy likes to bully a bit and a 4 year old cat that can't figure out what to do with the new pup. My sister is a foster care provider for Lollypop and had the 2 brothers till the end of October. They were adoreable..she wanted to keep one but the whole fostering thing would have to come to an end if she did.

This is great news!

I haven't posted pics in a little while but there is one of her and my daughter. I'll bump it for ya in the gallery!

Yea she has quickly been nicknamed my million dollar pup lol BUT all is well with her, she is getting big and strong and full of attitude. I'm curious, what is Lucy's temperament like? Junie is very sweet but a bossy little be-ya with my other dogs! I have 4 others, 2 of them fosters so yea, I have a full house.

We totally have to get them together again for a reunion :D
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby IloveLucy » December 15th, 2008, 9:01 pm

That sounds great! I am glad Junie is doing well. It sounds like they have very similar manners. Lucy is very sweet and loving to all people..does not like to be alone in a room...which she never is but I have noticed that if I leave a room, she'll leave a bone-chewing session to follow.. Barks only very little....every now and then she'll bark at a bone that fell off the couch for me to pick it up....which I don't! She does (try to) bully my older dog by taking hold of his collar and drag him around. I try not to let her be too dominate to him...he is old and sort of a village idiot. Sweet dog but not too smart. Lucy chases the cat but never hurts her, just tackles her. Never opens her mouth to her at all. I have had her around a few larger more dominate dogs but she is not afraid. My neighbor has a rotweiler that likes to boss Lucy around. It is probably helpful in humbling her. Lucy is currently around 20-22 lbs. My guess is she won't be any larger than 40-45 lbs..what do you think? Her brothers (we called them Tank (the gray one) and Monkey (the brown one) were considerably larger than she was. ( I saw them last Oct 30th) Tank was short and stocky. He did not have a care in the world...laid around alot and soaked up the sun. Monkey was taller and more slender but was a bit of a terror ...talked (not barked)all the time! Tank's ears both went back, Monkey's sat on top of his head..Lucy has one of each....

I can't wait to see pictures!
Chris

"In the end, only kindness matters" ~ Jewel
IloveLucy
Just Whelped

Postby LMM » December 15th, 2008, 9:45 pm

That sounds like Junie, except she talks/howls to me often. When I come home from work and in the morning because she knows the routine (get up, go outside, eat). Her howling is hysterical lol When she gets going with Otis though (her favorite tussle partner and the most tolerant of her spice) she sounds down right fierce. I've had to yank her by the scruff a couple times and she totally submits to me. And she also really loves people so far.

Junie is still doing some catch up as far as weight but I'm guessing right around 40ish pounds too. She has legs for days though! Definitely not short and stocky. I saw pics of the boys and I remember they were much bigger! Her ears are sometimes up, sometimes down, sometimes flopped inside out lol

I bumped the picture of her and my daughter in the gallery. I need to take some more though because she has definitely grown and filled out more :)
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby IloveLucy » December 15th, 2008, 10:12 pm

Wow! They look so much like each other! Your daughter is a cutie!! My daughter's (23 and 20) tell me I am obsessed with this dog...they are probably right. I am careful not to let her get away with being a stinker (no one wants a untrained brat around) but I do spoil her and she is my constant companion. I think this picture of Lucy in a pink parka gave them the idea I am nuts about her!

Thanks for the picture..I look forward to seeing you someday soon. Merry Christmas!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris

"In the end, only kindness matters" ~ Jewel
IloveLucy
Just Whelped

Postby LMM » December 16th, 2008, 7:54 am

Oh how funny! That could be Junie sitting there in that coat just minus the little white on her nose. You said it's in the shape of a heart?? Cute :D I bought her a couple things from PPE but man do they have their measurements wrong! I got this CA UTE sweater set that I can't use. It's too small :(

I shouldn't have spoken too soon about Junie doing so well, she puked on me twice last night :rolleyes2: ack.

Merry Christmas to you too!
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Previous

Return to Introductions