Thank you Yoda - Matt and Heidi My thoughts are with you -

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby maberi » July 10th, 2008, 10:07 am

Yeah, I'm trying to forget about that
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby LaylaWoobie » July 10th, 2008, 10:08 am

things like that are hard to forget...

mostly because I will keep reminding you.
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby Favorite Kitty » July 10th, 2008, 10:10 am

I think he did pretty damn good with it considering he was drinking! I would have blurted out all your secrets, told people I had no underwear on, and called you by a different name. I think Greg deserves a beer for that post!

So, you guys drank all night and are at work right now? :crazy2:
Favorite Kitty
The Mouse Whisperer

Postby LaylaWoobie » July 10th, 2008, 10:12 am

I do that totally sober, I dont know what you're talking about!
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby maberi » July 10th, 2008, 10:12 am

Yeah and I honestly think I'm still a bit drunk, which seems to be helping today :wink:
maberi

Postby SisMorphine » July 10th, 2008, 10:17 am

maberi wrote:Yeah and I honestly think I'm still a bit drunk, which seems to be helping today :wink:

And that is the ONLY way to get through the day ;)

Oh yeah, Welcome Greg! We like heavy drinkers :wave2:
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby LaylaWoobie » July 10th, 2008, 10:20 am

maberi wrote:Yeah and I honestly think I'm still a bit drunk, which seems to be helping today :wink:

thats going to come back to bite you in the ass at about 2.
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby Favorite Kitty » July 10th, 2008, 10:21 am

LaylaWoobie wrote:

thats going to come back to bite you in the ass at about 2.

Unless he goes home "sick" at 1:30 and gets another cocktail.....
Favorite Kitty
The Mouse Whisperer

Postby maberi » July 10th, 2008, 10:22 am

Apparently you had the same thought as I did :wink:
maberi

Postby nicole » July 10th, 2008, 10:22 am

by any chance was Greg laying in fetal position on a doggie bed last night? or maybe had some tissue stuck up a nostril? cause, thats how i picture him. :|
nicole
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby LaylaWoobie » July 10th, 2008, 10:24 am

I think we should just talk about him until he gets on and defends himself.
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby Favorite Kitty » July 10th, 2008, 10:40 am

He wont come back. I tried talking dirty to him once to try to get him to post more and he called me ma'am! Or maybe I just suck at talking dirty :|
Favorite Kitty
The Mouse Whisperer

Postby greg » July 10th, 2008, 12:06 pm

Is it safe to post again??

Thanks for the thoughts on artie - who the hell knew anyone had heard of him.

To clarify - I was drinking last night but the general gist (jist) ? of the message was on. I do feel bad and I wanted to let my friend know this. Usually when i drink I tend to do stuff like this, but It's usually at a bowling alley where I yell loudly to pretty girls half way down the alley and then take my shirt off and swing it around in the air.

You are all great people and it's nice to see the image at the top of the screen. Matt's lucky to belong to a community like this. He tries to hide it at work sometimes...but I'm sneaky and see what he's up to.

Favorite Kitty wrote:He wont come back. I tried talking dirty to him once to try to get him to post more and he called me ma'am! Or maybe I just suck at talking dirty :|

Just for the record you are great at talking dirty, ma'am - I just suck at posting

by any chance was Greg laying in fetal position on a doggie bed last night? or maybe had some tissue stuck up a nostril? cause, thats how i picture him.

I've moved on to beds now. However we did go camping after we buried Artie and I fell to sleep in a chair. But I was more despondent than tired. I just buried my big guy and then josie decided to eat matt's # 2. It was enough to take the wind out of my sails. I think josie thinks anything that matt has is a treat. I pray this never happens again.

I should also say that I normally do not wander around with tissues in my nose - I have a problem when the air is dry my nose tends to get dry and then it bleeds. I've consulted my dr. and the solution was to not cut my nose hairs. this way the long hairs collect what little moisture is in the air it wicks it to the walls of my nose. People usually stare at me now but I rest easy knowing i grow this for medical reasons.

In conclusion while that post was made as I was drinking - it was on track - I care about Matt and Heidi and the dogs - god knows they have done many many good things for me and i wanted to let them know I was thinking about them. I know he posts here so instead of texting him all night about what beer I was on I tried to sit down and put it into words. It's obvious I won't be writing a novel anytime soon but I would like to think I could write for a community newsletter or a garage sale flyer.

Thank you all for your kindness -
greg
Just Whelped

Postby mnp13 » July 10th, 2008, 12:13 pm

I'm perfectly willing to have everyone over to drink too much tomorrow night if you'd like to come over. We can eat like a bunch of 7 year olds again... well, except for the booze. lol
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby maberi » July 10th, 2008, 12:23 pm

mnp13 wrote:I'm perfectly willing to have everyone over to drink too much tomorrow night if you'd like to come over. We can eat like a bunch of 7 year olds again... well, except for the booze. lol

I'm not sure that is a good idea for me. I'm not exactly sure what stage of grieving I am on right now, but this stage basically includes me sitting on the floor in a drunken heap sobbing like a kid who has lost his mommy at the grocery store.

I'm not sure Demo would quite understand this one :|
maberi

Postby airwalk » July 10th, 2008, 12:50 pm

Greg welcome and I wish it were under different circumstances. We all grieved for Artie with you.

Matt - take your time. Time will heal.
airwalk
I live here

Postby LaylaWoobie » July 10th, 2008, 1:32 pm

I think you're just as weird as Matt. No wonder you two get along.

And no, Matt doesn't do anything at work besides post on here. Dont let him fool you.
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby gayrghts » July 10th, 2008, 2:18 pm

maberi wrote:
mnp13 wrote:I'm perfectly willing to have everyone over to drink too much tomorrow night if you'd like to come over. We can eat like a bunch of 7 year olds again... well, except for the booze. lol

I'm not sure that is a good idea for me. I'm not exactly sure what stage of grieving I am on right now, but this stage basically includes me sitting on the floor in a drunken heap sobbing like a kid who has lost his mommy at the grocery store.

I'm not sure Demo would quite understand this one :|

ummmm if Demo or anyone doesnt understand your grieving i'd be shocked....

i'm not really sure that getting drunk is the best way to deal with grief.... however i do know that sitting on the floor sobbing is rather normal.... and doing so with friends is even better.
Heather

A dog teaches a (kid) boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby Marinepits » July 10th, 2008, 2:21 pm

gayrghts wrote:i'm not really sure that getting drunk is the best way to deal with grief....

Everyone deals with grief in their own way, and if that's what Matt feels he needs or wants to do, who are you to say otherwise? :|
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby maberi » July 10th, 2008, 2:23 pm

Lol, Demo is a good guy and I'm sure he would understand (although I wouldn't blame him for giving me a jab after the fact).

And you are right, drinking doesn't help the grieving process but at this point I'm not actually ready to deal with anything, so keeping a little numb for a while is the road I'm taking. (besides, who in their right mind would pass up an excuse to drink heavily) :wink:

Heidi is much better at this type of thing than I am :|
maberi

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions