Hello!

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby lulubaby » July 4th, 2008, 5:05 pm

I currently live in Az and have a three year old pit mix named Lulu. Needless to say, the summers are pretty stinkin hot and I am not able to walk her. So, I'm here to find info on spring poles and treadmills so she can get some of the excess energy out! She's also getting a little chubby. :wink: I'm going to be building her a spring pole so I bought a tirebiter for her to play with and get used to as that's what I'm using as the bite surface...

Anyhow, I'll post more on that after I'm able to... Just wanted to say hey!

Layne
lulubaby
Just Whelped

Postby iluvk9 » July 4th, 2008, 5:14 pm

Don't worry, we are all a little chubby when we don't get our exercise. 8)

Welcome to the forum. :wave2:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby madremissy » July 4th, 2008, 5:28 pm

Hello and Welcome to the Board. :wave2:
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 4th, 2008, 6:11 pm

Welcome! :wave: Tell us a bit more about yourself and how you got into the breed so the Admins can let ya in to play!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Marinepits » July 4th, 2008, 6:12 pm

Welcome to the forum! What is Lulu's story? Where did she come from, why did you decide to get her, etc? Yes, we're VERY nosey. :wink:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby lulubaby » July 4th, 2008, 8:39 pm

Well, my husband and I wanted a dog and he's always liked pits so off we went to the pound! She and her brother were in the kennel together; she was smaller and so freakin cute so we picked her; she was 5 months old. She's always been a handful!!! I had no idea what I was in for. She's gotten to be a pretty good dog with constant training. I've never had a dog before that you had to stay on top of EVERY DAY haha. She ate phone chargers and two walls. Yes, walls. I can't say that I'd own another pit puppy, as much fun as she was. Unless I got one from a breeder with a proven temperament, BUT there are so so so many homeless pits that I don't think I would do that either... Anyway, I guess that could change. She makes me laugh almost everyday.

Here are some pictures!
Image half a tennis ball

Image halloween!

Image funky lip

Image we can't figure out what she's mixed with...
lulubaby
Just Whelped

Postby iluvk9 » July 4th, 2008, 8:40 pm

Oh, she is so pretty! :)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 4th, 2008, 8:41 pm

She's so pretty! And look at those LEGS!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby iluvk9 » July 4th, 2008, 8:44 pm

pitbullmamaliz wrote:She's so pretty! And look at those LEGS!

I like the foot on the left of the photo. 8)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby lulubaby » July 4th, 2008, 8:50 pm

pitbullmamaliz wrote:She's so pretty! And look at those LEGS!

thanks! :D she's pretty tall.
lulubaby
Just Whelped

Postby Marinepits » July 4th, 2008, 9:06 pm

Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby panda » July 4th, 2008, 10:26 pm

:wave2: Hello and welcome!
Dead Dog Walking Pit Bull Rescue
http://deaddogwalkingpitbullrescue.org/
panda
Loyally Bully

Postby KJS » July 5th, 2008, 3:02 am

Hello and welcome in! :mrgreen:
Dont breed or buy while shelter animals die!
KJS
Supremely Bully

Postby Jenn » July 5th, 2008, 9:29 am

:wave2: Hello and welcome!
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby luvypitbulls » July 6th, 2008, 8:31 am

Hi I am new as well here ...we used a spring poll for about 4 years with JuJube (my avatar) ....my husband built it out of pressure treated 4 by 4's an eyebolt and a 35lb garage door spring doubled back to make a 70lb spring with a caribeener and a heavy duty pet grade rubber tire (you have to think safety with this because you do not want them to accidently catch a tooth in the spring) so there was a heavy duty rope doubled back between the carabeener and the tire ..the poll was sunk two feet into the ground with a vertical upright to help hold it safely she would jump up grab the tire and swing like a hula dancer having an absolute blast!!! we hung put it in a shady area of the yard and only allowed 30 min a day on it ...so she would not over do ..she would have swung for hours if we let her!!!
you have to think of them as a johnny jump up for babies and hang it so they do not bang around on the ground and put stress on their little feet and fragile knees ...(pits do not have great knees that is for sure ..but if you hang this so they use the body muscle to swing and play instead of the legs they are safe)

we took it down when she got sick but are thinking for the puppies when they are grown and solid ( think 2 years old is a good age for this activity myself) we will do it again ..it was just so much fun for her and us watching her...

indoor stuff we do is scavenger hunts ..we hide fun things in the house and let them find them ...

if you have a hallway it is fun to just roll and ball and teach slow fetch to them ..not easy for a bully but teaches self control!
also teaching tricks of all kinds that do not require room is fun ...

we have long rainy winters here and my dogs do not ilke the wet and cold so winter we have to find stuff to keep them busy and tired in the house with out ripping the place up!

good luck!
luvypitbulls
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Scout » July 7th, 2008, 6:40 pm

Hello and welcome to PBT! :wave2:

Lulu is beautiful! :heartbeat: And talk about legs!!
The average dog is a nicer person than the average person. --Andy Rooney
Scout
Welcome Wagger

Postby TheRedQueen » July 7th, 2008, 7:23 pm

Hi and welcome! Lulu is absolutely adorable! :wave2:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Asta » July 27th, 2008, 4:23 pm

Hello and welcome to PBT Layne :wave2: Lulu seems to have it all, looks and charm :) Best of luck with your excersise equipment building!

Åsa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Return to Introductions