Hello

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby bluegreen13 » June 20th, 2008, 10:22 pm

Hello, My name is Teale. I am not a pit bull owner, but I was referred to this site by my sister, Michelle, who is. :) Thus I have one wonderful pit niece, Ruby, and two pit nephews, Connor and Riggs. I have a dog, named Alice, who my sister rescued for me. She is a lovely dog with very long legs, boundless energy, and an endless tail. She also has a terrible propensity to lick everything and everyone, which is a problem. I have an 8 month old son who is allergic to dog saliva. :( If any dog licks him, he immediately breaks out in hives. I love my son too much to get rid of him, so I need to figure out a way to convince Alice that licking is not a means of communication. The hitch is that Alice is a submissive dog who pees when you speak too loudly to her, bend over her, or approach her too quickly, so I can't really raise my voice. I have yelled at her (oops), but it does not work as a long term training technique. We are currently taking obedience classes to give her more confidence and give her some manners, but basic obedience classes don't cover no licking.
In my non-dog life - where I am not cleaning pee off the floor, watching my son carefully so he doesn't catch Alice's tail as it swings by, trying to make sure they both understand that they belong here, changing diapers, breastfeeding, eating portable meals, cleaning fish ponds, gardening, weeding, mowing, and did I mention weeding - I am an Elementary ESL teacher :dance: . I am a marathon runner :crazy2: (therefor I have a dog that can run). I love music, theatre, running, jumping, skipping, breaking into song at any given moment for no particular reason, and generally having fun. I don't particularly like eggplant nor venison :doh: . Oh, and I own a turtle named Yoda. He is a six year old red-eared slider my husband bought me from a woman on a street corner in New York City when he was the size of a quarter. He is now about the size of a salad plate.
I can't think of anything else you might want to know about me. If there is something, please ask.
bluegreen13
Just Whelped

Postby madremissy » June 20th, 2008, 10:30 pm

Hello and Welcome to PBT :wave2:
:dance: Now we get to see updated pictures of Alice :D
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby bluegreen13 » June 20th, 2008, 10:56 pm

Here she is.
She is such a good girl.
DSCN0677.jpg
P5030472.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bluegreen13
Just Whelped

Postby Hundilein » June 20th, 2008, 11:06 pm

Wow! Just reading about all the things you do makes me sleepy :mrgreen:

I haven't been here long, but this is a great place!

My dog is very lick-happy too. I wish I could help you out there, but I haven't found a way yet to get her to stop, though I find that turning my head away and ignoring her when she does it helps a bit. Of course, with your son being allergic, a lessening of the behavior doesn't help much, you really need it to stop completely. Sorry I'm not more help!
Sarah and Renee - aka wild child
Hundilein
Loyally Bully

Postby madremissy » June 20th, 2008, 11:23 pm

ooohhhh look at Alice. She is so cute. You are so lucky to have Michelle give you such good advice about her.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby bluegreen13 » June 20th, 2008, 11:27 pm

Yes, I am. She knows dogs.
bluegreen13
Just Whelped

Postby iluvk9 » June 20th, 2008, 11:42 pm

Hi Teale, and welcome to the forum. :wave2:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Asta » June 21st, 2008, 6:11 am

Hey Teale and welcome to PBT :wave2: Alice is a very pretty dog, and i am looking forward to pictures of both her and your baby :D

Åsa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby Patch O' Pits » June 21st, 2008, 7:52 am

Welcome! Beautiful picts of your baby! :)
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby bluegreen13 » June 21st, 2008, 8:53 am

Pictures of Joseph...
I can do that.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bluegreen13
Just Whelped

Postby iluvk9 » June 21st, 2008, 10:08 am

What a little doll! :loveU:

BTW, got any dirt on Michelle that you would like to share? :popcorn2:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby bluegreen13 » June 21st, 2008, 10:35 am

I have lots of dirt, but none I want to share. I like breathing far too much. :devil:
bluegreen13
Just Whelped

Postby pitbullmamaliz » June 21st, 2008, 12:18 pm

lol

Welcome! :wave:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Jenn » June 21st, 2008, 1:15 pm

:wave2: Hello and Welcome!!
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby Marinepits » June 21st, 2008, 3:26 pm

Hey, Teale! Nice to finally meet you! :wink:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby KJS » June 21st, 2008, 3:28 pm

I can't think of anything else you might want to know about me. If there is something, please ask.

Your shoe size
your favourite pizza topping
your favorite quote from a film

then we are good to go....I am K by the way and welcome in :mrgreen:
Dont breed or buy while shelter animals die!
KJS
Supremely Bully

Postby iluvk9 » June 21st, 2008, 3:44 pm

bluegreen13 wrote:I have lots of dirt, but none I want to share. I like breathing far too much. :devil:

Oooooohhh...That actually tells us a lot about her! :hearNoEvil:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby bluegreen13 » June 22nd, 2008, 12:14 am

Your shoe size - 7 1/2 or 8 depending on the width
your favourite pizza topping - ham and pineapple
your favorite quote from a film - "Hello, my name is Inigo Mantoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!!"
bluegreen13
Just Whelped

Postby amazincc » June 22nd, 2008, 12:22 am

WELCOME to PBT!!! :wave2:

Got two red-eared sliders myself, as well as four other turts and a lick-happy border collie mix. AND a pit bull.

Have you tried taking away Alices tongue until she has more self-control??? You COULD pickle it for the time being, or serve it at your next cocktail party. :|
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby bluegreen13 » June 22nd, 2008, 12:27 am

amazincc wrote:Have you tried taking away Alices tongue until she has more self-control??? You COULD pickle it for the time being, or serve it at your next cocktail party. :|

I had not thought of that. I might just have to... Can I do that for some people I know? :devil:
bluegreen13
Just Whelped

Next

Return to Introductions