Hello All :) Let me intro myself :)

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby Molldawg » June 17th, 2008, 9:23 am

My name is Molly & I am from Alden, NY (bout 45 minutes away from Buffalo, NY). I have two beautiful pit bulls Carleigh, 1 year old & Sadie who will be 3 in July '08 :) I aquired both of them through another forum I wont even speak the name to (use your imagination)! They are the best pups in the world, but everyone says that, dont they? LOL! :D

Carleigh (who was then Capri) was left in a snow pile to freeze to death with two kittens in Rochester, NY outside of a Bird Rescue. When I saw her pic posted up online in need of a home, I had to have her here with us! I contacted her foster mom and set up the meet-up & she was home with us within a week :) Sadly enough, in the week's time it took to get her home to us, my Rottweiler (also a rescue) Jake passed away (he was born with a murmur that developed into Congenital Heart Disease) and never got to see his new sister :( But she did get to come home to meet Sadie who was already here :) She came to me VERY overweight and only eliminating BIRD SEED! She was put on a RAW diet with Sadie and after 5 months home with us, Carleigh is now a very healthy 63 pounds with a beautiful coat and just the happiest demeanor a dog can have!

On July 3rd of 2007, an awesome chick from another forum I belong to, Jen (threepits) put out a notice of a stray pit mix that was in a shelter near her that she just had to get out of there. She asked if anyone had room in their hearts and their home for this beauty. I looked at her pic, debated about it with the DH and made the move to contact Jen. After talking back and forth online and on the phone, we decided Sadie (who was Lady then) would be a great fit here. She gave Jake a friend to play with for the last year of his life and this was the best present she could give as far as mama was concerned :) She came to me underweight and with a terrible skin infection from someone rubbing her down with motor oil, or so guessed my vet :( She is now a healthy 58 pounds and her coat is as shiny as ever!! Everyone who meets Sadie walks away saying what a wonderful, sweet, gentle baby she is :)

So that is the story of my pups...now me....what's there to tell really? LOL! I'm not very exciting or interesting if ya ask me! I am a 33 year old mother of two girls, Breanna 8 & Emma 3. We live in a small village where everyone knows your business and that to me is just annoying LOL! I am a city girl born and raised but wanted better for my kids so we moved out tot he country. Sure my dogs have way more room to run as do my children but the area is not very accepting of pit bulls and their owners :( So after countless visits from the Dog Warden here, I have decided that when we can, financially, we will move back closer to "home" just not RIGHT IN the city! Blah! I am going back to school to continue my schooling and hopefully be able to once again bring an income into the home. Before the birth of my youngest, I was a Medical Office Assistant in a private Physician's office and I LOVE it, so I hope to get back to that just as soon as I can! Being a mom comes first so as soon as they are in school all day I will be able to be "me" again LOL! The DH is Kevin who is 42 this year (YIKES!) and is an Independent Delivery Agent for a company in Kenmore, NY. He is usually on the road somewhere so he makes sure I always have a computer available because he knows my friends are in here LOL! What else can I say, I'm just a girl looking to find people who love the same things she loves & actually give a rat's behind about what happens to the poor souls who need help :) I have been a member of a couple forums about pit bulls and hope to meet up with some of my friends from there as well as make new friends!! See ya on the boards! :wave2:
There is no greater love than that given by a dog who KNOWS you saved their life!
Molldawg
Just Whelped

Postby TheRedQueen » June 17th, 2008, 9:57 am

Well...there's one thing you're missing...

Where are the pics? :wave2:

Welcome to PBT! :D :D :D
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby pitbullmamaliz » June 17th, 2008, 10:01 am

Great intro! Welcome!

And I agree with Erin - pics are a necessity.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby madremissy » June 17th, 2008, 10:02 am

Hello and Welcome to PBT. :wave2:
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby Marinepits » June 17th, 2008, 10:56 am

Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby katiek0417 » June 17th, 2008, 11:32 am

Hi There! Welcome to PBT! And, yes, pics are a must! :wave2:
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby LMM » June 17th, 2008, 1:54 pm

Welcome!!!
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby Jenn » June 17th, 2008, 2:09 pm

:wave2: Hello and welcome Molly & crew!
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby gayrghts » June 17th, 2008, 2:20 pm

Hey Molly, welcome....

yes pic's of your pups, and you and the kids and even DH are welcome.... :)
Heather

A dog teaches a (kid) boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby KJS » June 17th, 2008, 2:28 pm

hello and welcome in! :mrgreen:
Dont breed or buy while shelter animals die!
KJS
Supremely Bully

Postby iluvk9 » June 17th, 2008, 3:10 pm

Welcome to the forum, Molly. :wave2:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Molldawg » June 17th, 2008, 5:22 pm

I posted the pics of my girls in the Gallery :) I will h ave more up soon I promise :)
There is no greater love than that given by a dog who KNOWS you saved their life!
Molldawg
Just Whelped

Postby Remington » June 19th, 2008, 11:52 am

Hi there Molly.
Remington
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Asta » June 20th, 2008, 12:20 pm

Hello and welcome Molly :wave2: What a great intro! Sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties with the breed where you are staying though :(

├ůsa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Return to Introductions