Hi from Illinois

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby HappyChick » April 28th, 2008, 8:41 pm

Hi! My name is Angie LaFrance and I live in Corn Country (Illinois). I've been involved with Pit Bulls for 2 1/2 years, since the day my son convinced me to let him get Vincenzo Armani D'Paco (Vinny for short). Vinny came from some friends in PA. I was not keen on bringing home a Pit Bull! I had heard the awful stories and didn't know what we might be getting into. However, I also knew Vinny's parents to be good dogs and knew the owners were good people. As soon as we got back to Illinois, I looked up everything I could find online about the breed. What I found eased my mind quite a bit. I already had two other four-legged kids: Guido Leoni LaFrance - cocker/lab mix and Kaiser Markus Von Homer - Mini Dachshund. Vinny has totally changed my mind about Pit Bulls! He is such a wonderful boy! If I ever get more dogs in the future, they MUST be Pit Bulls. I support the breed because Vinny has shown me how wonderful they are. I've also read so much on forums and such that I see that Pit Bulls deserve all the support they can get. As far as BSL goes, there isn't any in my area, thank GOD! There is some prejudice, though. I don't do any sports with Vinny. I found Pit Bull Talk through a contact on another forum. I belong to the "Pit Bull Forum" and "All or Nothing Pit Bull Rescue Forum". I am on these forums to gain more information about the Pit Bull breed.

Here are pictures of my dogs:

Vinny

Guido

Kaiser

My BF lives with us now so we also have Jade, a Cornish Rex.

I have 2 two-legged kids - Niki is 27 and Shane is 21. I have two two-legged grandkids - Bayne is 3 and Lilyana is 1.

I'm 46 years old and lactose intolerant - Gosh, I feel like a just wrote a book!! :mrgreen:

Ok, let me into the forum now! (PLEEEEAAAAASE)
Angie & crew

http://www.epitome-dog-rescue.org

My beloved Vincenzo 07/22/05 - 11/16/09 forever in my heart. Cancer sucks.
HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Postby madremissy » April 28th, 2008, 8:51 pm

:wave2: Hello and Welcome. Nice looking crew.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby Marinepits » April 28th, 2008, 9:05 pm

Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby pitbullmamaliz » April 28th, 2008, 9:05 pm

Welcome! :wave:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Jenn » April 28th, 2008, 9:43 pm

:wave2: Hello and Welcome!! Precious group, and that cat ~ wow very interesting looking!
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby HappyChick » April 29th, 2008, 9:33 am

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes. Jade (the cat) is a Cornish Rex. The Cornish Rex is a mutation and they don't have the first and second layers of fur that a normal cat does. That makes the fur that he does have the softest you could ever imagine! You can see the ripples in that picture. Here's another picture of him:

Angie & crew

HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Postby katiek0417 » April 29th, 2008, 9:35 am

Welcome to the forum! What a good looking crew you have. We're very happy to have you here!!! :wave2:
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby Scout » April 29th, 2008, 1:13 pm

Hello and welcome to PBT! :wave2: You have a very nice looking crew..Vinny is quite handsome!

And I've never seen a cat like Jade before...she looks very soft!
The average dog is a nicer person than the average person. --Andy Rooney
Scout
Welcome Wagger

Postby Jenn » May 1st, 2008, 4:08 pm

How interesting, that cat reminds me of the hairless cat at my vet's office (well except with hair of course). Do they not "shed"?
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby iluvk9 » May 1st, 2008, 5:56 pm

I have never seen a cat like that! :shock:

Welcome to the forum. I have an uncle named Vinny, but he is wacky. :crazy2:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby HappyChick » May 5th, 2008, 10:12 am

Jade does shed quite a bit! However, people with allergies to cats are not supposed to be allergic to Cornish Rexes. I think that only applies, though, if the allergy is to fur and dander. If you are allergic to cat saliva, you will still be allergic to him. I am allergic to cats, usually very badly allergic, but he doesn't cause too much of a reaction in me, thanks Goodness!
Angie & crew

HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » May 5th, 2008, 10:30 am

Hello and welcome! That's a great looking crew ya got there! :wave2:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Return to Introductions