Hi!

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby amazincc » April 4th, 2008, 1:06 am

Welcome to PBT!!! :wave2:

Here's the thread Heather is refering to - viewtopic.php?f=11&t=22137
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby gayrghts » April 4th, 2008, 1:08 am

Thanks Christine, I'm thinking Otto is kindof a footballer :)
Heather

A dog teaches a (kid) boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby Marsee » April 4th, 2008, 6:40 am

gayrghts wrote:When you get a chance, read the thread that's titled something like Play styles...

Matt posted it not to long ago, ie within last 2 weeks...

Matt was describing how some of his dogs play one way, and others play a different way... not that it helps with solving Otto's problem... but it does show you that you're not alone.

Sometimes ignoring obnoxious behavior, and only rewarding good behavior with attention works... but sometimes the jump, and startle is a reward... and its very hard not to jump and startle when otto does this to you i'm sure.

Thank you, Heather - and Christine for the link! Having never seen or heard of this before, and being well-used to mature, more sedate dogs, this was a real shocker for us. I'm sure I rewarded him REAL well when I fell! :) Otto is definitely a footballer - and LOVES to run and play rough. He definitely thought he had started a wonderful game and was ready for fun as I lay on the ground wondering how to get up. Hopefully, as time goes by, he will learn that it's not fun for us - and when he can't help himself - we will learn the signs of an impending tackle and be ready for him!
Marsee
Just Whelped

Postby TheRedQueen » April 4th, 2008, 12:51 pm

Hello and welcome!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Previous

Return to Introductions