Big friendly Hi from Texas!

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby bluepit4me » February 5th, 2008, 2:37 pm

Hi everyone! :hello5: My name is Kylie and I currently live in Texas with my hubby and 2 kids. I have just purchased my first Pit puppy and wanted to get to know others who know and love the breed.

I initially was interested in adopting a boxer for our family but I got to seeing all these beautiful pit bull dogs and puppies in shelters. I will admit I use to act like the dreaded "other" people. :oops: But I just thought, "Hmmm what about a pit?" At first I thought I was crazy, then I did the research and was amazed. These dogs are the complete opposite of what the media portrays. And when I read what a truly wonderful temperament these dogs have, well that sealed the deal for me. :heartbeat: Of course I have yet to tell my family what kind of dog I have. My hubby already made that mistake with his parents! I do plan on telling mine eventually though. I just need to purchase ear plugs first. :tmi:

OK, on to my puppy. He is a male blue American Pitt Bull. He's almost 6 weeks, so I have a few more weeks to go before I can bring him home. I would post a picture but photo bucket is doing maintenance, so it'll have to wait. Never the less, I am excited to be here and can't wait to meet everyone and hopefully gain enough knowledge (and courage) to show my family what a treasure these dogs really are!
bluepit4me
Just Whelped

Postby TheRedQueen » February 5th, 2008, 2:46 pm

Hi and welcome! Glad you found PBT...you'll get so much help and support here! :mrgreen:

Sitting here awaiting the arrival of puppy pics. :dance: Hurry up photobucket! ;)

btw do you have a name picked out yet?
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby madremissy » February 5th, 2008, 2:54 pm

:greenWave: Welcome the the board. You will gain so much information here. Be sure to go to the training and behavior thread and read up as much as possible. These people know their stuff. I started out late but with everyones help Kinzyl and I are progressing quite well.

Of course I have yet to tell my family what kind of dog I have. My hubby already made that mistake with his parents! I do plan on telling mine eventually though. I just need to purchase ear plugs first.

I hear ya on that one, we are about to have a grandbaby in the house and my parents are about to go crazy. Just show your parents that you are going to be a responsible owner and you can educate them on these dogs and let them know that they are not at all like they have heard.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby Scout » February 5th, 2008, 2:57 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum Kylie! :greenWave:

Please peruse the Training and Behavior section for training ideas and methods. And there are LOTS of different ways!

This is a great forum with lots of knowledgeable people so please feel free to ask away!! how did you find us, btw

Pretty soon, one of the wonderful mods here on the board will give you access :)
The average dog is a nicer person than the average person. --Andy Rooney
Scout
Welcome Wagger

Postby Jenn » February 5th, 2008, 2:59 pm

Jenn
undecided

Postby maberi » February 5th, 2008, 3:03 pm

Welcome to the forum :greenWave:
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby bluepit4me » February 5th, 2008, 3:52 pm

Yea! I made it! Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I will definitely be checking out the training area. I haven't had a puppy in ages! I promise to get pictures up as soon as possible as I myself love looking at doggy pics! :mrgreen: As for a name I have yet to find one that really sticks. I like unique names so maybe that's the problem.:P If anyone has any ideas I'd be glad to hear them! Ones I am possible considering are...Jynix, Blix, and Kaiser.

I feel right at home here. Thanks again everyone. Oh btw Scout, I just happened to see the pitbulltalk.com myspace page and joined!
bluepit4me
Just Whelped

Postby pitbullmamaliz » February 5th, 2008, 5:14 pm

Welcome! :wave:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby bluepit4me » February 5th, 2008, 5:53 pm

Well I got tired of waiting on photo bucket so I hosted them from another site. These I took just 2 days ago when I met him for the first time. His mouth is a little dirty; he just got finished eating. :wink:

bluepit4me
Just Whelped

Postby iluvk9 » February 5th, 2008, 6:26 pm

AAKKKK! PUPPY BREATH!!!!

Welcome to PBT, Kylie! :greenWave:

Joyce
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » February 5th, 2008, 6:34 pm

Oh he is PRECIOUS! He's gonna be a big boy!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby hugapitbull » February 5th, 2008, 7:31 pm

Welcome Kylie, and btw , he is gorgeous. I love pittie puppies, and pittie adults, and pitties....
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby tinnerslocal45 » February 5th, 2008, 9:41 pm

He's a good looking dog, that is no doubt..
Life is the Pits.
tinnerslocal45
Just Whelped

Postby tinnerslocal45 » February 5th, 2008, 9:44 pm

Can't wait to see more pics of him when he gets older,
Life is the Pits.
tinnerslocal45
Just Whelped

Postby madremissy » February 5th, 2008, 9:57 pm

What a beautiful little baby.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby jmashaney » February 5th, 2008, 10:01 pm

Hi and welcome! He is a beautiful pup...he's gonna be a chunk!!
jmashaney
Confident Young Bully

Postby bluepit4me » February 5th, 2008, 10:52 pm

Thanks everyone. :mrgreen: I'll most posting here as he grows. How can ya'll tell he'll be a big dog? I did notice he had big feet for a puppy. Is that how you tell?
bluepit4me
Just Whelped

Postby demolitionic » February 6th, 2008, 2:27 am

He's just very very thick for being 6 weeks.

I'd be curious to see his parents.

And welcome! :greenWave:
Time to nut up or shut up.
demolitionic
Devoutly Bully

Postby Asta » February 6th, 2008, 2:39 am

Hello and welcome to PBT Kylie! Your pup is a handsome one, that is for sure :) Looking forward to more pic´s. I kind of like the name Kaiser i must say!

Ã…sa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby bluepit4me » February 6th, 2008, 2:40 pm

I managed to get some pictures of his mom and dad.

This is the dad, Judas. He's 5.

Here's the mom, Jezebel. I think she's 2 1/2 or 3. She's pregnant here.

bluepit4me
Just Whelped

Next

Return to Introductions