New here

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby Robin B » December 5th, 2007, 3:18 pm

Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself & my new housemate a staff called Gerda : GHER-dah or GHER-tuh : German "protection".

she is 7 weeks old and the 1st Steffie I have had.

so any tips or suggestions on training her, her care or all things to do with this kind of dog please feel free to pass on.

also any tips or hints on how to get my 2 cats/kitties to stop hiding in the bedroom also feel free to pass these on.

Gerda doesn't seem afraid of my manual wheelchair,but, I have a fear that I can't see her sometimes as she wonders under the w.chair when I am in the back yard....is any-one here also a wheelchair user and can give me a few pointers on how you and your dog work together round this as I never want to accidentally run my w.chair into her. I also have a wheelchair scooter that I have taken her out on when she is wrapped in my flease or coat(as it's turning winter here).

Gerda has had her 1st lot of shots and she got mistaken by the bloke at the vet college as a doberman as her colouration & markings do match this bread,but, her mum & dad are staffs, they also live a few doors away from my home = Gerda is definitely a Steffie.
Robin B
Confident Young Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » December 5th, 2007, 3:24 pm

Hello & welcome! Is this your first staff? Cant WAIT to see pics!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby pitbullmamaliz » December 5th, 2007, 3:46 pm

Welcome! :wave:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby gayrghts » December 5th, 2007, 3:51 pm

Hey Robin, welcome, glad you found us here :)

FYI I've known Robin for a few years.... Robin came over to this side of the pond last year to celebrate the holidays at my place....

This is Robin's first pit..... and first dog in a while.... he's got 2 cats....
Heather

A dog teaches a (kid) boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby iluvk9 » December 5th, 2007, 5:31 pm

My BEST FRIEND is named Gerda!! 8) She started the non-profit private shelter I volunteered at.

Anyway, welcome to PBT, Robin. :)

Joyce
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Scout » December 5th, 2007, 6:46 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum!! You will learn lots of different information so please feel free to ask away! There are many PBT members who are very well experience in the breed, health, training and raising a pup!! Good luck with your new housemate!! :D
Scout
Welcome Wagger

Postby luvmypitties » December 5th, 2007, 7:24 pm

Welcome!! :greenWave: And congrats on your new addition! Cant wait to see some pictures of the little one!
Tina
Our thoughts and prayers are with Mick and Christine! We love you both!

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
RIP Abby! I always loved you!
luvmypitties
I live here

Postby Robin B » December 5th, 2007, 8:52 pm

:greenWave: Thanks every-one for your warm welcome to Gerda and myself here.
i will be asking questions as this is one way for me to learn how to do the best for my dog(pup) and we can have a good relationship.

she is sure a fast learner as she is already learning how to ask to go out into the yard( that only she has access to and no other dog as she hasn't had her 2Nd lot of shots yet).

she knows the word bed & she is asleep in her bed now. when Gerda is out in the yard I have called her and she has run towards me....I do not think she knows her name yet and this may only be the tome I call her in. but this is a good start.

When she is in the yard with me she sometimes wants to jump up onto my lap. this at the moment is quite funny as she can not jump that high, but, I do pick her up and she comes indoor on my lap and is not bothered that it is the wheelchair that is moving.
Robin B
Confident Young Bully

Postby gayrghts » December 5th, 2007, 8:59 pm

Robin, once they approve you, you can post in other places, and we can respond to your questions such as about the kitties....

Right now we're supposed to keep our chatter to welcoming you :)
So that's why we are not answering you :)
Heather

A dog teaches a (kid) boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » December 5th, 2007, 9:39 pm

Here ya go Robin. Make yourself at home! Ask any questions you need to.

There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Patch O' Pits » December 5th, 2007, 10:02 pm

Welcome aboard

We need some pictures asap... please :D
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby Jenn » December 5th, 2007, 11:51 pm

:wave: Hello and welcome!
Jenn
undecided

Postby Asta » December 6th, 2007, 4:39 am

Hello and welcome Robin :greenWave: I adore the name Gerda, and look forward to hearing about your adventures together (preferably adorned with pic´s ;) ).

Ã…sa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby pmashaney81 » December 7th, 2007, 2:43 pm

Hello... welcome... now post pics :D
Judge the deed, not the breed.

Jezebelle (AmStaff/Catahoula Cur) - b. 08/05/07
Justus (AmStaff/American Bulldog) - b. 08/09/07
Shelby - (APBT) - Rescue
Evie (Chihuahua) - b. 12/24/04
Percival - Rescued Kitty of mass proportions :)
pmashaney81
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Return to Introductions