New member from Chicago

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby boscoinchi » December 4th, 2007, 1:48 pm

Hi my name is Alyssa. I live in Chicago, IL. I have one APBT, named Bosco, he will be 1 year old on Valentine's Day. He is a wonderful dog and a great companion. He is my first pit, but I grew up with German Shepherd's. I just recently graduated with my degree in Animal Behavior, and have worked in different zoos with their training departments.

I came on here mainly because Bosco has a young dog tumor (Cutaneous histiocytoma) and I was hoping to get more information about this because it apparently common in bull terriers.

Here are some pics :)
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welc ... nkid=link4
Last edited by boscoinchi on December 4th, 2007, 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
boscoinchi
Just Whelped

Postby Wyldmoonwoman » December 4th, 2007, 1:53 pm

Welcome to the forum!

My dog also has a cutaneous histiocytoma and I just had it removed last week

http://www.pitbulltalk.com/viewtopic.php?t=17457
"If I were not a man, I would like to be a bird. As I am a man, I do the next best thing, and ride a bicycle." -- Rev. Maltie, a cyclist in the late 1800s
Wyldmoonwoman
Full of Bully

Postby Marinepits » December 4th, 2007, 2:31 pm

Feel free to post your questions about histiocytomas in the Nutrition and Health forum!

I'd also love to hear more about your work in zoos! That must be so interesting. :D
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby iluvk9 » December 4th, 2007, 4:18 pm

Welcome to the forum, Alyssa. :greenWave: Love your forum name. 8)

Bosco is a cutie-patootie.

What zoo's have you worked for? I visit the Bronx Zoo every year and make sure I get to the San Diego Zoo whenever I vacation out west.

Joyce
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Wyldmoonwoman » December 4th, 2007, 4:37 pm

On December 04 2007, 3:18 PM, iluvk9 wrote:Welcome to the forum, Alyssa. :greenWave: Love your forum name. 8)

Bosco is a cutie-patootie.

What zoo's have you worked for? I visit the Bronx Zoo every year and make sure I get to the San Diego Zoo whenever I vacation out west.

Joyce

Hey Joyce...I went to a meeting in 2001 in San Diego and got a private tour of the zoo, paid for by Bristol Meyers Squibb...that was back before the pharma code rules and the drug companies could do fun things
"If I were not a man, I would like to be a bird. As I am a man, I do the next best thing, and ride a bicycle." -- Rev. Maltie, a cyclist in the late 1800s
Wyldmoonwoman
Full of Bully

Postby boscoinchi » December 4th, 2007, 4:42 pm

I was previously at the Palm Beach Zoo in West Palm, FL which is a wonderful zoo and the animals are treated amazing compared to some other facilities I have seen. I just moved back to the Midwest and I am hoping by the spring to get into the Lincoln Park or Brookfield Zoos here. I have been very lucky to have already worked with some amazing animals (servals, all types of macaws, alligators, dingos, toucans, vultures, etc...)
"For me a house or an apartment becomes a home when you add one set of four legs, a happy tail, and that indescribable measure of love that we call a dog."
boscoinchi
Just Whelped

Postby Jenn » December 4th, 2007, 4:45 pm

Wow, sounds fascinating ~ I'd LOVE to do something like that.

:wave: Hello and Welcome to PBT too!
Jenn
undecided

Postby pitbullmamaliz » December 4th, 2007, 4:55 pm

Welcome! :wave:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby amazincc » December 4th, 2007, 8:15 pm

amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby Asta » December 5th, 2007, 10:52 am

Hello and welcome Alyssa :greenWave: Your job sounds awfully interesting and Bosco is adorable :) I hope that you get his tumours sorted out!

Ã…sa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby cheekymunkee » December 5th, 2007, 1:20 pm

:greenWave: Welcome!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Scout » December 5th, 2007, 6:43 pm

Hello and welcome!! :D
Scout
Welcome Wagger

Postby luvmypitties » December 5th, 2007, 7:26 pm

Welcome!! Sounds like a very interesting job! And Bosco is adorable!!!
Tina
Our thoughts and prayers are with Mick and Christine! We love you both!

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
RIP Abby! I always loved you!
luvmypitties
I live here

Return to Introductions