humpity hump hump

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby babyreba » December 20th, 2006, 1:34 pm

Doc is obsessed with Tucker all of a sudden. He doesn't want to eat him or hurt him or even to play with him. He wants to get it on with him.

Things were going great between them, they could go on walks together and be in the same room together (Doc on leash at all times) without being freaks and I was very pleased with the progress they've made.

But suddenly now, Doc get so excited when he sees Tucker that he wants to hump him. When he starts doing this, I separate them and put Doc away, but he'll air hump around the room till the urge passes. If I put Doc away in the laundry room as a consequence for trying to mount my poor pup, he'll run to his bed, ball it up, and hump that. I don't even think it's dominance so much as sheer excitement.

It's getting absurd and as a result, Doc's lost a lot of his house privileges.

I've tried prong collar correcting him for it, but I could correct him till the sun went down and he still goes back for more as soon he sees an opportunity.

I know Doc did this to the female dog in his first foster home, but she corrected him for his bad manners and apparently the behavior subsided because she didn't tolerate it. And he doesn't try it with Reba because she gives him what-for if he even gets close to her. Tucker is so passive that he doesn't respond when Doc tries to mount him--he just looks kinda sad and resigned to his fate.

Any suggestions? More slow exposures to Tucker? No exposure to Tucker? Only let him and Tucker near one another when in a down or a sit?
User avatar
babyreba
Supremely Bully
 
Posts: 1132

Postby SisMorphine » December 20th, 2006, 1:40 pm

My friend had a dog once, I want to say it was a bulldog maybe have been a pit bull, though, can't remember, who would get so excited when she came home they would have to put him outside because not only would he air hump, but he'd finish!!

Or maybe Doc is just coming out of the closet. I think you need to be a bit more supportive :wink:
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.
 
Posts: 9233
Location: PR

Postby babyreba » December 20th, 2006, 1:44 pm

On Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:40 pm, SisMorphine wrote:My friend had a dog once, I want to say it was a bulldog maybe have been a pit bull, though, can't remember, who would get so excited when she came home they would have to put him outside because not only would he air hump, but he'd finish!!

Or maybe Doc is just coming out of the closet. I think you need to be a bit more supportive :wink:


8) Rob said the same thing! Maybe Doc needs a blow-up doll for Xmas!
User avatar
babyreba
Supremely Bully
 
Posts: 1132

Postby SisMorphine » December 20th, 2006, 1:50 pm

On December 20 2006, 1:44 PM, babyreba wrote:
On Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:40 pm, SisMorphine wrote:My friend had a dog once, I want to say it was a bulldog maybe have been a pit bull, though, can't remember, who would get so excited when she came home they would have to put him outside because not only would he air hump, but he'd finish!!

Or maybe Doc is just coming out of the closet. I think you need to be a bit more supportive :wink:


8) Rob said the same thing! Maybe Doc needs a blow-up doll for Xmas!

A blow-up doll and this video for Christmas
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6ujDRCi3Ig
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.
 
Posts: 9233
Location: PR

Postby mnp13 » December 20th, 2006, 1:51 pm

I have never understood the "air hump." lol

I have no suggestions for you, but I have to admit I laughed just a little bit. :oops: :D
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
User avatar
mnp13
Evil Overlord
 
Posts: 17234
Location: Rochester, NY

Postby cheekymunkee » December 20th, 2006, 2:06 pm

Ollie humps not only Justice but also the cats. I don't know what her deal is :| I'm ok with the lesbian love but this cross-species thing I am not too sure about.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
User avatar
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass
 
Posts: 28540
Location: Dallas

Postby Marinepits » December 20th, 2006, 2:34 pm

:lol3: How adventurous!
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
User avatar
Marinepits
Proud Infidel
 
Posts: 15621
Location: New England

Postby Jenn » December 20th, 2006, 2:37 pm

On Wednesday, 20 December 2006, 12:51 PM, mnp13 wrote:I have no suggestions for you, but I have to admit I laughed just a little bit. :oops: :D


I laughed a LOT! :lol3: I think it was the wonderful explanation!
User avatar
Jenn
undecided
 
Posts: 11382
Location: TX

Postby luvmypitties » December 20th, 2006, 11:36 pm

Wow you guys have some freaky dogs...lol! mine have not tried to hump anyone anything or the cats!!!

I wonder where they ;earn these behaviors?
Tina
Our thoughts and prayers are with Mick and Christine! We love you both!

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
RIP Abby! I always loved you!
User avatar
luvmypitties
I live here
 
Posts: 4549
Location: Fredericksburg VA

Postby msvette2u » December 21st, 2006, 12:43 am

Libby always wants to hump Yaeger. lol
She's very alpha. :|
That b/w Cocker wanted to hump everything-he absolutely LOVED Smitty. A week after his neuter it all changed. He'd start and I'd scold him and he'd be like, "WTF am I doing anyway??". I was relieved. lol
User avatar
msvette2u
I live here
 
Posts: 6812
Location: Eastern WA

Postby SisMorphine » December 21st, 2006, 12:59 am

On December 21 2006, 12:43 AM, msvette2u wrote:Libby always wants to hump Yaeger. lol
She's very alpha. :|
That b/w Cocker wanted to hump everything-he absolutely LOVED Smitty. A week after his neuter it all changed. He'd start and I'd scold him and he'd be like, "WTF am I doing anyway??". I was relieved. lol

Neither of mine are humpers. The only time I've ever seen them mount has been a female in heat (seriously, nothing was funnier than watching Wally wearing his bellyband trying to mount Cora wearing her lady panties . . . so absurd . . . they were both standing there like "I think something is wrong here").
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.
 
Posts: 9233
Location: PR

Postby msvette2u » December 21st, 2006, 1:19 am

they were both standing there like "I think something is wrong here").


omg talk about a visual!!!!!!!! Thanks for the laugh!!! lol
It reminded me of that cartoon where this naked boy and girl are there and the boy is on the girl's shoulders saying "Well we took off our clothes and I'm on top of you, now what??"
User avatar
msvette2u
I live here
 
Posts: 6812
Location: Eastern WA

Postby katiek0417 » December 21st, 2006, 7:30 am

On December 21 2006, 12:19 AM, msvette2u wrote:
they were both standing there like "I think something is wrong here").


omg talk about a visual!!!!!!!! Thanks for the laugh!!! lol
It reminded me of that cartoon where this naked boy and girl are there and the boy is on the girl's shoulders saying "Well we took off our clothes and I'm on top of you, now what??"


Now that's just wrong.

I've watched a rottie who does leg bites hump the leg while he's in the grip....
User avatar
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder
 
Posts: 6280
Location: Glen Burnie, MD

Postby iluvk9 » December 21st, 2006, 9:10 am

I have nothing to say, except every time I see the title of this thread, I laugh and laugh and laugh. 8)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!
 
Posts: 14900
Location: New York

Postby mnp13 » December 21st, 2006, 11:24 am

On December 21 2006, 06:30, katiek0417 wrote:
On December 21 2006, 12:19 AM, msvette2u wrote:
they were both standing there like "I think something is wrong here").


omg talk about a visual!!!!!!!! Thanks for the laugh!!! lol
It reminded me of that cartoon where this naked boy and girl are there and the boy is on the girl's shoulders saying "Well we took off our clothes and I'm on top of you, now what??"


Now that's just wrong.

I've watched a rottie who does leg bites hump the leg while he's in the grip....


Riggs does the same thing, and he has now started to do it while he's on the sleeve.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
User avatar
mnp13
Evil Overlord
 
Posts: 17234
Location: Rochester, NY

Postby concreterose » December 21st, 2006, 12:43 pm

On December 20 2006, cheekymunkee wrote:Ollie humps not only Justice but also the cats. I don't know what her deal is :| I'm ok with the lesbian love but this cross-species thing I am not too sure about.


Daphne humps one of my cats!
At least he is a boy :| 8)
User avatar
concreterose
Loyally Bully
 
Posts: 719

Postby mnp13 » December 21st, 2006, 1:45 pm

Mr. Riggs having his way with the leg sleeve

Image

I'm not sure that Demo would it very funny if I posted the picture of Riggs trying to hump him while he's on the bite.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
User avatar
mnp13
Evil Overlord
 
Posts: 17234
Location: Rochester, NY

Postby SpiritFngrz » December 21st, 2006, 1:54 pm

My parents' boy dog humps the girl dog's face. She usually just sits there like "Duh" but when she moves away, he is humping the air. A while ago, my grandparents had a Shi-tzu that he would try to hump, and the Shi-tzu would try to hump him back. We just assumed they wanted to be that way together (like the Rottie and the Chi on Legally Blonde 2).
Satin DESPISES any dog that tries to hump her because she remembers the last time that happened she ended up with 10 kids!
User avatar
SpiritFngrz
I live here
 
Posts: 2711
Location: Central Mass.

Postby iluvk9 » December 21st, 2006, 2:00 pm

On December 21 2006, mnp13 wrote:Mr. Riggs having his way with the leg sleeve


The old LOVE/HATE relationship? :|
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!
 
Posts: 14900
Location: New York

Postby SisMorphine » December 21st, 2006, 2:10 pm

On December 21 2006, 1:45 PM, mnp13 wrote:I'm not sure that Demo would it very funny if I posted the picture of Riggs trying to hump him while he's on the bite.

POST IT POST IT!!!!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.
 
Posts: 9233
Location: PR

Next

Return to Training & Behavior

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron