Starting All Over Again - little wordy

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby lellis34 » December 1st, 2006, 12:52 pm

AARRGGHHH, I'm so frustrated and maybe you guys can give me some tips.

I was on vacation Thanksgiving week and had a great time. Left the pooches with my son and his girlfriend - at our house. She apparently also brought down a dog or two of hers for a few days during the week. Well..... King is now being soooo bad. I'm sure they didn't care for him properly (like me) and he's acting up. He finally got a little more settled in the last day or so, but he's chewing like crazy, jumping up on people, and has had accidents in the house. He hadn't done any of this for a couple of months before we left - I thought I'd finally broken all his bad puppy behaviors. And now they're back and driving me crazy. :| And to top it off, I'm sometimes having a hard time getting him to focus on me when we're training. He's looking at the birds, has taken off after a squirrel or two, or just watches people walk by. He's also going through separation anxiety and when I leave will sit by the door for a half our or so whining and then just mopes around (reported to me by kids and hubby).

I'd hate to think I'm back to starting at square one, but if I have to I will. Anyone have any tips to jumpstart his brain back to normal? Am I never going to be able to take another vacation because this is what I'll come back to every time? HELP!
Ming Ming: “celery is great after a good pee”
Tuck: “you can say that again”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW-ZxcPE33w
lellis34
Bull Meister

Postby Big_Ant » December 1st, 2006, 3:26 pm

On 12/01/2006 8:52 AM, lellis34 wrote:Left the pooches with my son and his girlfriend - at our house. She apparently also brought down a dog or two of hers for a few days during the week. Well..... King is now being soooo bad. I'm sure they didn't care for him properly (like me) and he's acting up.

Crate him!?! As for the dog, I'll let someone else respond. My fingers are tired as all heck. It's been a long day.

- Anthony
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby lellis34 » December 1st, 2006, 3:44 pm

I've many times thought of crating my son, but he's finally holding down a job so don't want to risk screwing that up.

Plus, King has been spending quite a bit more time in there then usual since we've been home from vacation so it could be kinda crowded if the two of them were in there together.
Tuck: “you can say that again”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW-ZxcPE33w
lellis34
Bull Meister

Return to Training & Behavior