Help with Crate Selection

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby concreterose » October 13th, 2006, 8:13 am

I like the Orvis crate.
Question...for those of you that have your dogs crated and they are busting/chewing out of them, are they getting exercise in the mornings before you put them up for the work day (other than running around in the yard)?
concreterose
Loyally Bully

Postby Marinepits » October 13th, 2006, 8:21 am

Mac is a couch potato for the most part, but he does get as much exercise as he wants. His is more of an issue of separation anxiety. Luckily, I'm home most of the time and he only gets crated when I run out to do errands.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby pitbullmamaliz » October 13th, 2006, 8:41 am

Inara gets about a 20 minute walk in the morning, and then around lunch every day I have a friend come let her out and play with her for about an hour, and then when I get home she goes for a walk/romp in an enclosed tennis court. Inara's problem isn't separation anxiety - she's just stubborn and doesn't want to be in her crate! But I can't trust her around the cats, or around an unsupervised house. :o
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby mnp13 » October 14th, 2006, 10:32 pm

Here are the crates available from FalaWoods. He also makes a single dog version.

Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby iluvk9 » October 15th, 2006, 9:48 am

On October 12 2006, cannon wrote:Here's what he did. You can see some of the bailing wire around the door.

:shake:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby iluvk9 » October 15th, 2006, 9:50 am

On October 12 2006, cannon wrote:Here's what he did. You can see some of the bailing wire around the door.

:shake:

Holy Moly! :eek1: You had better go for the stronger one and forget looking for "classic beauty that blends with any decor". :laugh1:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby cannon » October 15th, 2006, 7:55 pm

Inara's problem isn't separation anxiety - she's just stubborn and doesn't want to be in her crate!

That's Mo, right there. He is the best (or worst, in this case) problem solving dog I have ever had. He knows he can get out so, meh, why not try it. :| Yes he gets regular excercise. That particular day however, he did not get it. It was the end of the week and I was thinking 'OK, it's just one day and he'll get a huge run tomorrow.' WRONG! That was my fault. For his safety I need to get a crate that no matter what happens he won't get out of, or worse, get stuck trying.

The pi$$er about the whole thing is, my gf and I share him and he stays at her house sometimes when things are hectic at my work. She leaves him out of the crate while she is at work and he is fine. :mad6: When I try it here he eats something. Everytime! Shoes, the couch, the couch pillows, shoes, books, shoes.

Holy Moly! You had better go for the stronger one and forget looking for "classic beauty that blends with any decor".

Yeah, its utilitarian from here on out!

The Falawoods crates look like they would do fine too. How much for the one dogger?
cannon
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Previous

Return to Training & Behavior