Asja looking out for her little sister

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby katiek0417 » September 28th, 2006, 4:41 pm

Okay...let me start this off by saying that my dutchie loves to dig up my yard. She dug up a pretty big hole under the fence...and it was deep, but not quite deep enough for any of the dogs to get through. I have been noticing it getting deeper, though, and I've been mentioning to Greg that he needs to fill it in because I was getting worried that Nisha would be able to get out....

I ran some errands today, and when I got back, I let Asja and Nisha out back. I started to do some stuff around the house...about a half hour later, I walked past the back door, and Asja was standing there lifting her paw and touching the back door. I though maybe she hurt herself, so I went out back...I checked her paw and arm, and no "ouchies." So, I thought maybe she was ready to go back in her kennel. I started to walk towards my garage, and she didn't follow. I called her to me...she still didn't come...this is a dog with EXCELLENT obedience...so I gave her a formal command...she still didn't come...instead, she ran over to the fence (where the hole was) and barked.

Asja doesn't bark for no reason....in fact, I've really only heard her bark during bite work.

At that moment, I realized Nisha wasn't in the yard. I ran over, and lo and behold, Nisha had gotten through the hole!!! There she was on the other side. Well, I got her back...and I couldn't yell at her...she stayed right there (if it weren't for Asja being in my yard still she probably would've taken off)....

I have to thank God for Asja today!!! If it weren't for her, who knows what would've happened to Nisha....

Nisha (left) and Asja:
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby pocketpit » September 28th, 2006, 4:45 pm

What a good girl!
When I had two Mals at once they always did everything together including trying the escape the yard. I hope she got something special out of the deal :D
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby katiek0417 » September 28th, 2006, 4:48 pm

On September 28 2006, 3:45 PM, pocketpit wrote:What a good girl!
When I had two Mals at once they always did everything together including trying the escape the yard. I hope she got something special out of the deal :D

She's getting steak for dinner!!!!
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby Marinepits » September 28th, 2006, 4:54 pm

Great story! Good girl, Asja! :clap:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby mnp13 » September 28th, 2006, 4:55 pm

What a set of ears!!!

I'm glad everything turned out ok.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby cheekymunkee » September 28th, 2006, 4:57 pm

Awww, that is a GREAT story!! Good girl!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby SisMorphine » September 28th, 2006, 5:03 pm

What good dogs!!

Wally would be like "Oh yeah, Mike left a loooong time ago. I didn't tell you? Sorry 'bout that. Must've slipped my mind.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby katiek0417 » September 28th, 2006, 5:58 pm

On September 28 2006, 4:03 PM, SisMorphine wrote:What good dogs!!

Wally would be like "Oh yeah, Mike left a loooong time ago. I didn't tell you? Sorry 'bout that. Must've slipped my mind.

Trust me, if Sacha was out there with her she would act exactly like Wally....she'd be happy to finally be rid of her...but Asja and Nisha are buddies...they love each other (and Asja isn't all that social with other dogs)...
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby katiek0417 » September 28th, 2006, 6:00 pm

On September 28 2006, 3:55 PM, mnp13 wrote:What a set of ears!!!

I'm glad everything turned out ok.

Between Jue, Asja, Dru, and Nisha, i get great TV and radio reception...in fact, I'm pretty sure I even pick up messages from Mars...
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby Jenn » September 29th, 2006, 1:30 pm

:lol3:

They sure look like a pair, and a tad mischievous.
Jenn
undecided

Postby Emi » September 29th, 2006, 6:08 pm

What a couple of pretty girls ..

And a great story , i'm glad nothing happy to either of them... thanks for sharing your story with us ..
You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, 'Wow, you're right! I never would've thought of that!'
- Dave Barry
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby ellie@ny » September 30th, 2006, 12:22 pm

That's a great story!!!And you're lucky...!
I think if my female would go out,Nico will come to me,just because he's bigger then her,and the hole would be to small for him..LMAO
And if Nico would go out Maya will be behind him and say to me :See you, sucka!!!!!!!! lol
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby Emi » September 30th, 2006, 3:22 pm

happy

should of been happen .. poo no edit button
You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, 'Wow, you're right! I never would've thought of that!'
- Dave Barry
Emi
Full of Bully

Return to Training & Behavior