NNYBD's first training class of the fall

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby Romanwild » September 23rd, 2006, 7:23 pm

Well, we dived into CGC, Weightpull training this morning as a club. None of us are trainers nor are we putting ourselves out as trainiers. We're just a group of dog owners getting together to train and share techniques and ideas.

It went really well believe it or not. :|

We went throught the CGC testing and did some sled dragging at the end. Dreyfus dragged around two little kids. They loved it!

I was using my clicker AND bonker. I was a little leary about bringing the bonker to a class but the proof is in the pudding. Dreyfus was awesome. The best he's ever been. No pulling, no monkey dog. Did all the CGC stuff perfectly. I was blown away. He was having a lot of fun as well.

One lady who came wanted help with he dog that would lunge and snap at other dogs. She was willing to use the bonker so I tossed it to her and told her how to do it. I used Dreyfus to walk by and set him up. 3 times and he wouldn't do it anymore. It was cool.

I asked the rest of the club if anyone was uncomfortable and they weren't so I will continue to use it.

Anyway, we will be having mini Bullympic competitions at the end of every class starting next week! woohoo!
Romanwild
I live here

Return to Training & Behavior