SCARED PEOPLE

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby LAFORCE1 » September 20th, 2006, 4:45 pm

So, today my youngest daughter, Jake, and I walked to the bus stop down the street to pick up my oldest. While we were waiting, a lady was walking her dog on one of those leashes that lets her dog walk like 15-20 feet in front of her. Jake started to bark at the dog and became very hyper. I was holding Jake by his collar, and asked the lady if she could pull her dog back. She did not pull her dog back...she started to scream and tell a girl that was with her to take the dog accross the street, and ran and picked up a small boy that was walking with her and ran accross the street. She began screaming at me telling me that I should not have a dog like Jake, because he was scarry. I tryed to tell her that he was very good with people but that he did not play well with all dogs. That is why I asked if she could pull her dog back to be on a shorter leash!!!! Put she did not want to say that she did anything wrong so she kept screaming at me. I would be nice if Jake could play better with more dogs, but he has been this way from the first day we brought him home from the shelter. :? Do you have any advice :|
LAFORCE1
Just Whelped

Postby mnp13 » September 20th, 2006, 8:15 pm

Dog aggression is a normal thing with Pit Bulls. I would suggest you work on his obedience and get him under control. He doesn't need "doggy buddies" but he does need manners. When you tell him to sit he should sit quietly next to you and await further instructions. He should not be acting like a looney in public.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Return to Training & Behavior