Got a new Frisbie

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby rockermom » September 15th, 2006, 1:41 pm

Started to teach Rocky to play frisbie. Started out with a flying squirl which I found a year ago on clearance for 5.00. Well Rocky is a steal it and run and chew it up kind of dog so the squirl does not fly well anymore. However all of a sudden last week he cought it in mid air. He was so excited for himself he brought it to me. Slowly he is learning that it is fun to bring it back. Although he still wants to stop and go chew it up. So I went out looking for a good frisbie. Bought this nylabone thing which has a bone shape on top of it. Well it flies like crap and he thinks its got a bone to chew on it. So Im sending it back. On my dads referal I went and purchased a Hyperflite Jawz UGLY (cheaper has blemishesRocky wont care) puncture resistant flying disc which actually cost the same as the stupid Nylabone one. I was so excited that they shipped it out hours later and I got it in 2 days. However it arived yesterday in the rain and it is still raining today. I want to go our and Play!!! We played a little in the house in a hallway. No Fun but seems to hold up the bite.
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby Jenn » September 15th, 2006, 4:32 pm

How fun, I never thought about a frisbee. I wonder if Ben would get that too.. Make sure to share some pictures when it stops raining!
Jenn
undecided

Postby lellis34 » September 16th, 2006, 10:55 am

We have a "flippy flyer" that the dogs seem to love. It's some type of nylon type fabric with a rope like edge. We've had it about a year and it's held up great. The dogs even play tug with it and it has yet to rip. King just really started to play fetch and loves it. Have fun! 8)
Ming Ming: “celery is great after a good pee”
Tuck: “you can say that again”
Ming Ming: “celery is great after a good pee”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW-ZxcPE33w
lellis34
Bull Meister

Postby rockermom » September 16th, 2006, 3:36 pm

Yeah I have the flippy flyer (walmart like $6) too but now Rocky prefers this frisbie. Im starting slow by having him catch it close and clicking the second he catches it and giving a piece of meat for treat. Working well he runs the frisbie right back if I click. I click again and treat for the return because he much prefer to run away and chew it up. If I do a long throw and he does not catch it he sometimes still wants to chew it. So far this seems to be a good frisbie. here is the link. http://hyperflite.com/ Click on the store. I bought the Jawz ugly since it was cheaper. My Dad has an Aussie who plays frisbie obsessively and she has been playing with her same Jawz frisbie for a few years. Will let you all know how it is holding up in a few weeks from now.
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Return to Training & Behavior