back to being afraid of furry dogs...

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby mnp13 » September 13th, 2006, 4:28 pm

Last night while doing the figure 8 in class the furry something-or-other went after Ruby. She wouldn't get near it again, and woudn't approach the Sheltie either. Lovely. She was very hesitant to go anywhere the Golden either - and we have a loooong history of fear of Goldens.

Unlike the class that Riggs is in, the guy that teaches Ruby's class (though funny/annoying) is a trainer. The German Shepherd went after him three different times during class and he just told the handler to come early next week to work on problem. The poor woman was near tears over the way the dog was behaving.

I can just imagine what would have happened in Riggs' class if he jumped up on to the instructor and snapped at her.

ugh.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby SisMorphine » September 14th, 2006, 8:17 am

Does this trainer do anymore classes and perhaps you could do a class with Riggs with him? Then you could actually get real help instead of getting asked to leave at a time when a trainer would make more sense, you know?
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby mnp13 » September 14th, 2006, 9:19 am

Yes, unfortuately, he doesn't have any others.

good thought though
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Return to Training & Behavior