inappropriate grumbling and growling

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby Malli » August 23rd, 2006, 5:14 pm

poor riggsy baby. Well, he doesn't sound all that careful, so maybe he did it when you weren't around? I'm sure he'll feel better :)
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby a-bull » August 23rd, 2006, 5:16 pm

mnp13 wrote:Update on Riggs' growling:

We just got back from the vet. He has a good sized scab on his scrotum so that was probably part of his discomfort. He also has some swelling in his back end consistant with a hard fall onto his back - which is odd because he's never fallen onto his back.

He's on painkillers for a week and then he'll be fine I'm sure.

Aww, that's wicked, poor guy.

Back stuff can be really painful and make a dog really grumbly, not to mention man-part problems, too.

I'm a firm believer in grumbles & groans meaning something. Trick is figuring out what. Nice job figuring out the "what." :)
a-bull
I live here

Postby mnp13 » August 23rd, 2006, 5:17 pm

Malli wrote:poor riggsy baby. Well, he doesn't sound all that careful, so maybe he did it when you weren't around? I'm sure he'll feel better :)

I'm always around when he's out. I literally don't let him out of sight for longer than a minute. Ruby body slams him off of the deck stairs, but he hasn't landed in the manner that my vet described.

No big deal anyway. I wouldn't have even brought him in about it if he hadn't had such a HUGE change in behavior on Monday.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Malli » August 23rd, 2006, 5:26 pm

Ruby body slams him off of the deck stairs

:lol3:

between that, the overzelous protection work and the burnt feet, he's had an awesome month or so!

Oscar is the same way, he slashed his feet open on barnacles, worn them down on the pavement until they were raw, jumped off things WAY too high and skinned his chin, he's always cutting the backs of his feet open, it goes on...

:| they never learn...
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby cheekymunkee » August 23rd, 2006, 5:41 pm

Poor baby. Well, that explains a lot. I have been having spasms in my lower back since Friday so I feel his pain. I'm grumpy too.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby a-bull » August 23rd, 2006, 9:33 pm

cheekymunkee wrote:Poor baby. Well, that explains a lot. I have been having spasms in my lower back since Friday so I feel his pain. I'm grumpy too.

Back stuff is the pits. :wink:

Cheeky, spasm or pain? For actual spasm, you would probably need a prescribed muscle relaxer, BUT, for any other back "pain," Aleve is honestly the best!!

Oh, heating pad on spasms, too. :wink:
a-bull
I live here

Postby Marinepits » August 23rd, 2006, 9:48 pm

Nah, do shots. More fun that way, LOL! :wine:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby cheekymunkee » August 23rd, 2006, 10:01 pm

Spasms. I was in the e.r. last month over them. I still have some flexeril & I took one earlier. I would sell my soul for some vicoden.............oh wait, I already sold it. :oops:

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Marinepits » August 23rd, 2006, 10:03 pm

Oooo! I have some vicoden left over from the hubby's knee surgery..... :twisted:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby a-bull » August 23rd, 2006, 10:09 pm

cheekymunkee wrote:Spasms. I was in the e.r. last month over them. I still have some flexeril & I took one earlier. I would sell my soul for some vicoden.............oh wait, I already sold it. :oops:

Yeah, the Flexeril will work, but don't you feel like a wet noodle when you take it??
a-bull
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » August 23rd, 2006, 10:12 pm

:prescription: :drool: :drool:

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby cheekymunkee » August 23rd, 2006, 10:13 pm

a-bull wrote:
cheekymunkee wrote:Spasms. I was in the e.r. last month over them. I still have some flexeril & I took one earlier. I would sell my soul for some vicoden.............oh wait, I already sold it. :oops:

Yeah, the Flexeril will work, but don't you feel like a wet noodle when you take it??

Yeah, that's why I don't like taking it, it works but I feel like a wino

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby a-bull » August 23rd, 2006, 10:28 pm

cheekymunkee wrote:
a-bull wrote:

yeah, and the fun part the doctors don't tell you, is you're then more prone to further injury if the spasm stems from some underlying structural condition.

Maybe Marinepits is right~maybe a glass of wine and a heating pad, lol.
a-bull
I live here

Postby Malli » August 24th, 2006, 2:03 am

wet noodle :lol3:
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby cheekymunkee » August 24th, 2006, 9:43 am

a-bull wrote:
cheekymunkee wrote:
a-bull wrote:

yeah, and the fun part the doctors don't tell you, is you're then more prone to further injury if the spasm stems from some underlying structural condition.

And it is, I have a deformity in my lower back, more so near my tail bone but in the general area. And I have a couple of bulging discs in my upper back that cause an almost constant spasm in my shoulder. Oh joy.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby a-bull » August 24th, 2006, 10:26 am

cheekymunkee wrote:
a-bull wrote:
cheekymunkee wrote:
a-bull wrote:

And it is, I have a deformity in my lower back, more so near my tail bone but in the general area. And I have a couple of bulging discs in my upper back that cause an almost constant spasm in my shoulder. Oh joy.

yeah, be careful with those muscle relaxants then . . . is Spina Bifida Occulta the deformity??

Do you sleep with two pillows to help the shoulder spasm?
a-bull
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » August 24th, 2006, 10:41 am

I don't know if there is even a name for it, I found out about it about 20 years ago through x-rays. Three of my vertebrea are missing the "knobs" or whatever they are. The only time ( until recently ) it has bothered me was when I was pregnant with my daughter. When I found out about it the doctor told me to be careful as a fall could paralyze me. :shock: I have ALWAYS busted my butt, I am clumsy as hell, was a cheerleader & played basketball. :| My right hip botheres my sometimes & "pops" with almost every step I take, don't know if it related or not. I haven't really had many problems with it over the years & I have not gone to the doctor about it. I am one of those people who have to be near death to go to the doctor.

I only sleep with one pillow, if I use two I wake up with a stiff neck.

I looked up Spina Bifida Occulta on Wikepedia & THIS one sounds more like what I have but I am not sure :

Spina Bifida Meningocele

Meningocele
In this, the least common form, the outer part of some of the vertebrae are split and the meninges are damaged and pushed out through the opening, appearing as a sac or cyst, which contains both the meninges and cerebrospinal fluid. The nerves are not usually badly damaged and are able to function, therefore there is often little disability present. There are usually no negative long-term effects, although problems have been known to arise.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby a-bull » August 24th, 2006, 11:06 am

Try one of those wedge pillows or angle two pillows so you have a "slope," (not a pile).

I had lots of problems with my back when I had my kids, too, and was also told not to fall or I could be paralyzed!! :o I guess my injuries were probably from gymnastics. I had to give up horseback riding. :(

I actually took a wicked fall this winter, but I survived. :)

We have trashed this poor thread.
a-bull
I live here

Postby mnp13 » August 24th, 2006, 11:10 am

:topic:
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby cheekymunkee » August 24th, 2006, 11:13 am

I know, she is never going to get help for poor ole grumpy Doc is she? :oops:

Actually, after 8 years, I am used to the shoulder spasms. That is all due to a car wreck. The only thing that really helps is steroid injections.

ooops! she caught us :o

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

PreviousNext

Return to Training & Behavior