Harness fitting and size

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby Magnolia618 » July 27th, 2006, 10:15 pm

who uses a collar while riding a bike?

I do!

I think the main confusion here is that most people dont see why a collar would be uncomfortable :|
Magnolia618
I live here

Postby a-bull » July 27th, 2006, 10:50 pm

SisMorphine wrote:
Karen wrote:FYI I think if you're using those no pull harnesses you are abusing your dog. You you read that ABUSE. They CONTROL the dog by putting pressure under the armpit and it is sensitive and thin skinned under there. Have you seen what those do to a dog? Really looked? I have seen dogs with raw oozing places from those harnesees. Sure they work why wouldn't they/ If you truly were hurt to the point of redness and oozing sores then you damn well won't pull!

I don't use a harness, not a fan of them, but about half of my clients have the GL body harness. Not a one has any oozing or bleeding or any of that.

You can also say that there are dogs out there with raw oozing necks from prong collars. I've seen them. But I've also seen many more dogs without those marks who wear a prong.

It's all in how everything is fit and how they're used.
:bowDown:
a-bull
I live here

Postby mnp13 » August 1st, 2006, 12:09 pm

lipshipsattitude wrote:Its just nice to be able to jog on the beach without seeing her collar bouning around from me holding the leash and jogging too. She was stoked, she dosnt pull but she seemed happy!

Why would her collar "bounce around" from you jogging?

I run with both Riggs and Ruby on leash. They run next to each other on my left side. I keep their leashes loose and their collars don't move around much at all.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby mnp13 » August 1st, 2006, 12:10 pm

Sue wrote:My Pepper wears a harness every single day. He was tied to a dog house for 5 years on a choke chain. He can NOT be leashed on his collar alone since his throat is damaged and very sensitive.

That is a medical reason for him to wear a harness, not a training reason. Apples and oranges.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby ellie@ny » August 1st, 2006, 5:12 pm

Magnolia618 wrote:
who uses a collar while riding a bike?

I do!
I think the main confusion here is that most people dont see why a collar would be uncomfortable :|

Holy crap!If I use harness with the bike,I would be dead now!
For my dogs harness means one thing:pulling.
And collars means :behave :|
I think any collar can be comfortable if the dog behave,If they're not oh well...... :twisted: life is sucks.....
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Previous

Return to Training & Behavior