the monster that hides in dark corner

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby Malli » May 28th, 2013, 9:56 pm

of the thing, that is your dog's personality.

A remimder that though the corner is not big, there is a monster there.

With Uzi, it can be tricky, because about 95% of the time he is good with other dogs, and I would say about 99.9% of the time (or more :wink: ) with people he is just a sweetheart. Compound that with his adorable, gentle and almost "jester like" antics in daily life, and it can be hard to remember he even has animal instincts! I have seen that little bit of darkness in him, but not often or with much frequency, so I find I have to remind myself that it exists.

Take last night,
We were at the end of our walk, when we encountered at pair of Boston Terriers coming towards us. A combination of things (previous interactions? Uzi's body language, theirs, the fact that there were two, etc) compelled me to move us off the sidewalk on to the grass boulevard; I got a reluctant sit, and was able to give him two food treats as the dogs approached; As they approached the mark that would be when they pass us, all hell broke loose. The closest dog launched into an all-out freak out, screaming and trying to lunge, while his owner hauled his front feet off the ground. A short second later, Uzi decided to eat the little dog, broke his sit, and made a bee line. He didn't get far(not more then two steps), of course, but the move was definitely unexpected!

So in this case I guess, HE reminded me, of his little dark monster.

The sentiment I have for the man walking the Bostons? :mad2:
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
"You didn't know of the magical powers of the break stick? It's up there with genies and Harry Potter as far as magic levels go." SisMorphine 01/07/07

Return to Training & Behavior