trembeling

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby rockermom » June 23rd, 2006, 9:45 pm

Weird the past couple of days. In the eve Rocky seems afraid. Hiding and slinking around tail between legs. When I go to him I can feel him trembeling. What the heck. He never is much afraid of things except the pennies in a can which I had only used once to stop counter surfing about 6 months ago was the last time I used it. the other day I knocked the can over by accident and he has not been the same. So I got rid of the can. But couple of days later and he still is having weird episodes of being afraid of I dont know what. Anyone have similar issues? As far as I know he has never been hit. We got him at 4 months old and did the test of quikckly raising hands and slaping a news paper, he did not even flinch. He has never seemed afraid of thunder nor fire alarm. The few Fireworks lately does not bother him. Is this another maturity thing. I have told everyone in the house to just ignore him. But someone always has to do the Rocky whats wrong thing. Probably just going to make it worse Im sure. The other thing is this is the second night he does not want to go out.
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby msvette2u » June 23rd, 2006, 10:20 pm

Do you think the dog could be in pain? That's another reason they act like that.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby rockermom » June 23rd, 2006, 10:23 pm

Gee I dont know. Not crying. Im going to take him out see if he goes poop. I let him out in the back cause there was a thunderstorm and he had to go. Not sure he pooed then. They act scared when in pain like looking like they are in trouble when aproached? Or hiding?
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby msvette2u » June 23rd, 2006, 10:26 pm

They would tremble from pain. Not sure about the other symptoms. But my dachsie hid under our bed as if "in trouble" when he had muscle spasms in his back.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby Marinepits » June 23rd, 2006, 10:33 pm

msvette2u wrote:Do you think the dog could be in pain? That's another reason they act like that.

I remember when Mac had his intestinal obstruction -- the first day that I noticed something was wrong, his tail was tucked, he acted "scared", and his back was roached. When he was laying on my lap as I was trying to reassure him, he kept shivering. He didn't cry or make any noise until just before I put him in the car to go to the vet the very next day.

He had other signs of an obstruction as well: his belly was tender, he didn't poop for two days, and he was eating and vomiting it right back up.

I'm not saying Rocky has an obstruction, but he's acting "off" for a reason. Check to see if he's pooped/pee'd, is eating/drinking okay, hasn't vomited, and that he doesn't feel hot to the touch (could be a sign that he has a temperature). If you're adventurous, you could always take his temp. :wink:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby rockermom » June 23rd, 2006, 10:43 pm

Ok I will keep an eye on him. Im taking him out soon. He did poop this afternoon. He is eating fine. No vomiting. Just before he fell asleep he was leaning against me and I could feel spasam. I thought he was dreaming. We know are kids so Im sure I will find a conection.
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Return to Training & Behavior