choosing new napping places?

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby HappyPuppy » August 1st, 2011, 5:51 pm

We keep 'losing' Ruby lately... as in can't find her! She has started to choose new and different (totally out of the norm) spots to nap. Right now she is under my home office desk (2nd time today) - she was also at least once under Harry's desk a few weeks ago. Recently, she has napped a couple of times in both bathrooms. Yesterday, I found her first under Harry's work bench and in the garage then later in front of it. Harry had a panic when I was out of town recently because he couldn't find her anywhere - now we realize it was a new hidey spot.... Is this wierd?????
Ruby Underfoot, CGC
HappyPuppy
Supremely Bully

Postby furever_pit » August 1st, 2011, 8:57 pm

If you are experiencing the heat wave that other places are, it may simply be a response to that environmental change. Bathroom floors and garage floors are quite cool and provide comfort for dogs that are feeling hot. I'm not sure that under the desks is cooler, but it is very den-like.

None of those spots really surprise me.
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Postby HappyPuppy » August 1st, 2011, 10:13 pm

It's just wierd that we've had her for 5 years and she has just started using different spots to nap from her usual haunts.
Ruby Underfoot, CGC
HappyPuppy
Supremely Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » August 1st, 2011, 10:50 pm

Any drastic changes in behavior are weird to me...I'd keep an eye on her...
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby mnp13 » August 1st, 2011, 10:58 pm

Sometimes they change behaviors like that when they are feeling sick, so I agree with Erin about keeping extra watch on her.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Return to Training & Behavior