House Training

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby mnp13 » February 25th, 2011, 7:33 pm

It's not hard to get a schedule, you just have to do it. ;)

You know when you go to work, you know when you come home, you know when your roommate comes home. Make a schedule and put it on the fridge and stick to it as best as possible.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby TheRedQueen » February 25th, 2011, 7:39 pm

And when the pup gets fed, take him out immediately to poop, or he goes in his crate. Same thing with water, he drinks, he goes outside. He goes outside after playing etc.

It doesn't have to be a consistent schedule where he goes out at 6 am every morning, then 10 am and so on...it just has to be consistent in terms of having him out after eating and exercise.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Bull dog » February 26th, 2011, 3:56 pm

What if I find one of his accidents where he just went poop or pee. Do I show it to him and say no and then put him outside? Is it to late at that point?
Bull dog
Just Whelped

Postby Bull dog » February 26th, 2011, 3:56 pm

What if I find one of his accidents where he just went poop or pee. Do I show it to him and say no and then put him outside? Is it to late at that point?
Bull dog
Just Whelped

Postby TheRedQueen » February 26th, 2011, 4:25 pm

Bull dog wrote:What if I find one of his accidents where he just went poop or pee. Do I show it to him and say no and then put him outside? Is it to late at that point?

Unless he's in the process...it's too late. ;) If he's in the middle of relieving himself...a loud noise...clapping/"ah-ah"! can get his attention, so you can scoop him up and take him outside to finish and have a pee/poop party!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Bull dog » February 26th, 2011, 5:12 pm

I would like to post a pic of my puppy and use it as my profile pic but it keeps saying that the pic is to big. Even after I crop the pic it still saids to big? Any ideas on how to correct this?
Bull dog
Just Whelped

Previous

Return to Training & Behavior