Little incident this morning...

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby Malli » April 7th, 2010, 3:41 am

Oh yes :) I get the danger for him, and its much different with strangers of course, who are more likely to report an "incident"

The law reads the same here, pretty much, minus anything breed specific. Pretty much "menacing" is where it starts. I've been in a similar spot before - makes you think about how close you'd come to losing your dog eh? They're all idiots. :rolleyes2:
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby pocketpit » April 7th, 2010, 4:48 am

What kind of fencing do you have, Dawn?

She'll go over any kind of fencing she's encountered so far. She's done solid wood, cement/ wood combos, chain link, and field fencing. She's a jumper/climber. Her MO is to jump to the top and then scramble over. And there is never any pattern to it. She does it simply to go explore not to chase anything or anyone. She'll go for a long time never trying it and then the next day she can be out 5 minutes and decide to leave.
I've thought about a tip in and electric fencing but I have such a large area that the roller idea really intrigued me. It seems that it would be easier than figuring out a roofing system for her pen (again a large area in the pasture) and a seperate system for the yard. We have 6 ft chainlink surrounding the pasture and property with a solid 6ft wooden fence between us and the neighbor on the side, a 6ft iron gate that goes across the driveway and a 6ft chainlink fence that seperates the yard and house from the pasture.
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby furever_pit » April 7th, 2010, 1:13 pm

I see what you are saying Christine. So Sepp flew eh? lol

Dawn, it will take me a little time to find those instructions since my computer is broken and I have had to borrow other people's. But, I will look for them (I am pretty sure they are on the True Grit AB board).
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Postby tiva » April 7th, 2010, 5:24 pm

To keep the dog in, you can use a simple trick that cat owners often use: staple-gun a 16 inch wide (more or less) piece of chicken wire to the top of the existing fence, so it flops over inside the fence (forming a floppy barrier that's very hard to climb or jump over). Cheap, quick, and effective. You will need to support it in places, if it flops too far over--you want it to act like a kind-of roof near the fence. It's very ugly!
tiva
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Previous

Return to Training & Behavior