Score will be testing in as a TherapyDog

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby TheRedQueen » February 4th, 2010, 11:27 am

:D Next month...he's got an appt. set up for his TD testing with a local group...Pets On Wheels. :D

He was turned away by Fidos because I call him a pit bull mix, and they've suddenly decided that since they're in PG county, that pit bulls or anything similar can't be in the program. Because I call him a pit bull mix (I have no idea what he is...but he's "bully enough" and is such a good boy, I call him a pit mix for good breed PR)...he can't be a Therapy Dog with Fidos. (even if I DNA tested him and found out that he didn't have any pit bull in him, he still couldn't be a Fidos TD since I call him one) When I found out about this, I pulled all three of my Aussies that were TDs with Fidos out of the program...and told them why. :nono:

We've missed TD work...so I'm looking forward to this! I think I'm going to retire Ripley and Xander from Therapy work...and Sawyer...we'll see, since he's already a Service Dog still.

I think Score is going to enjoy this! 8)
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby madremissy » February 4th, 2010, 12:18 pm

:confetti: :confetti:

I think Score would be great!!! Way to go Erin for standing your ground with Fidos.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby pitbullmamaliz » February 4th, 2010, 12:21 pm

That's so awesome that you pulled the Aussies from Fidos! Rock on!

And I haven't a doubt in the world that Score will pass his therapy test with flying colors! He's a pretty good dog. :wink:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Jenn » February 4th, 2010, 12:28 pm

Woot, go Score!! :)
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby LMM » February 4th, 2010, 2:38 pm

Go Score!!!
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby maberi » February 4th, 2010, 3:05 pm

TheRedQueen wrote: When I found out about this, I pulled all three of my Aussies that were TDs with Fidos out of the program...and told them why. :nono:

:bowWave:

Good luck on the test, I'm sure you and Score will pass with flying colors!!!!!
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby babyreba » February 4th, 2010, 6:38 pm

hey, me and tucker used to volunteer for pets on wheels!

good luck, have fun!
babyreba
Supremely Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » February 4th, 2010, 8:38 pm

babyreba wrote:hey, me and tucker used to volunteer for pets on wheels!

good luck, have fun!

Cool! I used to do POW too years ago, before I got started with Fidos... :D
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby Patch O' Pits » February 5th, 2010, 8:20 am

That is great! Patch O' Luck!
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby Marinepits » February 5th, 2010, 9:12 am

Yay! Good luck, Score! I'm sure you'll do Just Fine. :D
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby TheRedQueen » February 5th, 2010, 10:01 am

Thanks everyone! I'm quite excited (if you couldn't tell)! I've had plans for him to be a TD for a long time...only to have them crushed recently by Fidos. :( So I'd signed up for Pets On Wheels a few weeks ago, and hadn't heard back...was about to give up when I got an email from them. Our testing date isn't until March 2nd...but I am so excited! :D I have the utmost confidence in my brown puppy...I just have to make sure I get the vet paperwork filled out beforehand and get my part done! lol

TheRedQueen

Return to Training & Behavior