"Instinct" vs. "Obedience"???

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby LMM » July 24th, 2009, 9:20 pm

I agree 100%!!

LMM I think she has tried numerous times to defend herself but each time was totally disrespected. So why would she feel like posting anything else when it was just falling on deaf ears and rude comments. She is my mind chose the high road and was trying to keep drama off the board.

Maybe it's just me but I wouldn't stand for the pile up nor would I put myself in the position for it to happen. Y'all try that mess with me and you'll get the business end of a pissed off Jenn. Having said that, I also wouldn't let someone else fight my battle. I do appreciate what he is doing, I said that but I would also like to hear from Katrina on what makes her qualified to give advice in this instance. She has no problem doing it on other topics and I really like reading the wealth of knowledge our members have.

I like Katrina and like I said, I've seen her offer very helpful information many times. To make specific statements (and some would argue maybe volatile?) and then to take the high road and avoid the drama, I don't know....it just doesn't sit right with me.

But this is my own very humble opinion and she doesn't have to do a damn thing :)
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby amazincc » July 24th, 2009, 9:22 pm

pitbullmamaliz wrote:Everybody, and I mean EVERYBODY, needs to unbunch their panties.

What about those of us who wear... uhm... boxers? Or *nuthin'*? :|

For what it's worth... I have learned quite a bit in this topic. It has also inspired me to become much better acquainted with the local laws in my own community. :)
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby BigDogBuford » July 24th, 2009, 9:24 pm

LMM wrote:

I agree 100%!!

LMM I think she has tried numerous times to defend herself but each time was totally disrespected. So why would she feel like posting anything else when it was just falling on deaf ears and rude comments. She is my mind chose the high road and was trying to keep drama off the board.

Maybe it's just me but I wouldn't stand for the pile up nor would I put myself in the position for it to happen. Y'all try that mess with me and you'll get the business end of a pissed off Jenn. Having said that, I also wouldn't let someone else fight my battle. I do appreciate what he is doing, I said that but I would also like to hear from Katrina on what makes her qualified to give advice in this instance. She has no problem doing it on other topics and I really like reading the wealth of knowledge our members have.

I like Katrina and like I said, I've seen her offer very helpful information many times. To make specific statements (and some would argue maybe volatile?) and then to take the high road and avoid the drama, I don't know....it just doesn't sit right with me.

But this is my own very humble opinion and she doesn't have to do a damn thing :)

She's probably too tired and dealing with a super sick dog and realized she just didn't have the energy to put into it. :|
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby LMM » July 24th, 2009, 9:29 pm

That definitely could be and honestly, I would even love to have a private conversation with her at some point about it. I'm definitely not trying to have her drawn and quartered! I'm just a curious soul :dance:
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby LMM » July 24th, 2009, 9:30 pm

amazincc wrote:
pitbullmamaliz wrote:Everybody, and I mean EVERYBODY, needs to unbunch their panties.

What about those of us who wear... uhm... boxers? Or *nuthin'*? :|

For what it's worth... I have learned quite a bit in this topic. It has also inspired me to become much better acquainted with the local laws in my own community. :)

This is probably one of the most important, if not THE, things that has happened then :D
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby katiek0417 » July 24th, 2009, 9:53 pm

BigDogBuford wrote:She's probably too tired and dealing with a super sick dog and realized she just didn't have the energy to put into it. :|

Thank you, Jeanine. You're VERY right.

In addition, I'm pretty sure the fact is that Demo's reasons here for bashing me have more to do than just this thread. And that is between he and I, and shouldn't have played a role in anything going on in this thread. But I truly think it did (don't know for sure - just a sneaky suspicion).

So, no matter what I said or did, it wouldn't have been good enough. Several pages ago, I tried to leave, and continued to get bashed. That's fine.

But that being said, I have an extremely sick dog at home with a very contagious infection who I have to keep quarantined from the rest of my dogs. I have to make 2 trips to the vet (1.25 hours each way and at least one hour while we're there since she needs to be sedated) each week. Every day I have to change her bandages, give her pills (a total of 14.5 pills to be exact) and injections, and at least 400 mL (I think that's how it's measured, I just know how to tell she's had enough by the lines on the bag) SQ fluids. I also have 5 puppies that I'm handraising, and trying to make sure they don't end up like Rocky. Greg is up for work at 4:30 each morning, so the care of these puppies not only falls on me during the day while he is at work, but also each night so that he can sleep. Since Dru first had her accident (July 2nd), I've had a total of about 65 hours of sleep (sadly, I've kept track). If you do that math, that ends up being ~3 hours of sleep per night. And that's ALL I'm getting. Then, lets add the care of our other dogs, taking care of the house, doing about 5 loads of laundry per day (between towels for the puppies and bedding for Dru), and cooking. My only off time that I get is when Greg gets home from work, at which time I try to run errands, etc, which I can't do during the day b/c I've had to be at home to feed puppies every 2 hours. Oh, and did I mention I'm teaching a summer class and have our wedding in 7 weeks?

So, I'm beyond stressed (and I won't even get into the fact that Dru's vet bills right now are well over $6000 and still climbing, which also plays a big role in my stress level).

This thread, therefore, and in all honesty, has become the least of my worries. I'm sorry if people think I was running away "tail-tucked." That wasn't the case, I just feel that my energies (what very little I have left) are better spent elsewhere.
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby amazincc » July 24th, 2009, 10:04 pm

katiek0417 wrote:c
This thread, therefore, and in all honesty, has become the least of my worries.

:shock: :sad2:
I think NOW my non-existent panties are in a bunch.

lol :wink:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby katiek0417 » July 24th, 2009, 10:20 pm

amazincc wrote:
katiek0417 wrote:c
This thread, therefore, and in all honesty, has become the least of my worries.

:shock: :sad2:
I think NOW my non-existent panties are in a bunch.

lol :wink:

Christine, I'm sorry...I SO DIDN'T mean it that I didn't care about your situation! I didn't mean it that way...AT ALL...

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby amazincc » July 24th, 2009, 10:28 pm

katiek0417 wrote:
Christine, I'm sorry...I SO DIDN'T mean it that I didn't care about your situation! I didn't mean it that way...AT ALL...

lol and :wink: at bottom of post = good indication that I was kidding.

Damned, woman... get some SLEEP! :bedtime: :hug3:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby DemoDick » July 24th, 2009, 10:49 pm

katiek0417 wrote:In addition, I'm pretty sure the fact is that Demo's reasons here for bashing me have more to do than just this thread. And that is between he and I, and shouldn't have played a role in anything going on in this thread. But I truly think it did (don't know for sure - just a sneaky suspicion).

No, that's not it. I really wasn't bashing you, I was stridently disagreeing with you because I do not feel you have the necessary knowledge to instruct others in this area. I'll go toe to toe with my best friend if I think he's wrong (and I have). Anyone here who's seen Michelle and I argue can attest to this. It's like two Bighorn Sheep slamming heads. Regarding the matter between you and I, please free to PM me or call my cell and we can discuss it. Not a big deal at all.

So, no matter what I said or did, it wouldn't have been good enough. Several pages ago, I tried to leave, and continued to get bashed. That's fine.

To be fair, you tossed out a passive aggressive swipe on your way out the door, and THAT'S why I responded. And just so you know, I untwisted my panties after it.

But that being said, I have an extremely sick dog at home with a very contagious infection who I have to keep quarantined from the rest of my dogs. I have to make 2 trips to the vet (1.25 hours each way and at least one hour while we're there since she needs to be sedated) each week. Every day I have to change her bandages, give her pills (a total of 14.5 pills to be exact) and injections, and at least 400 mL (I think that's how it's measured, I just know how to tell she's had enough by the lines on the bag) SQ fluids. I also have 5 puppies that I'm handraising, and trying to make sure they don't end up like Rocky. Greg is up for work at 4:30 each morning, so the care of these puppies not only falls on me during the day while he is at work, but also each night so that he can sleep. Since Dru first had her accident (July 2nd), I've had a total of about 65 hours of sleep (sadly, I've kept track). If you do that math, that ends up being ~3 hours of sleep per night. And that's ALL I'm getting. Then, lets add the care of our other dogs, taking care of the house, doing about 5 loads of laundry per day (between towels for the puppies and bedding for Dru), and cooking. My only off time that I get is when Greg gets home from work, at which time I try to run errands, etc, which I can't do during the day b/c I've had to be at home to feed puppies every 2 hours. Oh, and did I mention I'm teaching a summer class and have our wedding in 7 weeks?

You have a lot on your plate, as do I. I barely have time to crap shave and shower these days. It sucks.

So, I'm beyond stressed (and I won't even get into the fact that Dru's vet bills right now are well over $6000 and still climbing, which also plays a big role in my stress level).

This thread, therefore, and in all honesty, has become the least of my worries. I'm sorry if people think I was running away "tail-tucked." That wasn't the case, I just feel that my energies (what very little I have left) are better spent elsewhere.

Been there, done that myself.

Greg, with regards to my applying the standards of a LEO to a civilian situation, I don't think I did that. I specifically said that reasonableness is subjective to the perspective of the person involved.

I also never said that if a bite occurred, that Christine would be 100% absolved of any liability. I do believe that the actions of the suspect immediately prior to the, well, the non-bite, as well as a subsequent arrest would at minimum mitigate her liability.

For the record, I have personally made trespass arrests in situations that mirror Christine's, as well as prepared warrant applications in the event that the suspect had left the scene. They held up in court just fine.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby katiek0417 » July 24th, 2009, 11:10 pm

Demo, I apologize if I took your posts the wrong way. I'm sure my lack of sleep play a major role in that.

I do think we should talk about the other things, and as I don't have your phone number, I will PM you (after I've had my "nap" for tonight :rolleyes2: ).

We can also discuss the other stuff, as well!

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby amazincc » July 24th, 2009, 11:12 pm

:clap: :clap: :clap:

*Clicks/treats* both of you!!! :D :D :D
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 24th, 2009, 11:16 pm

Kum-ba-ya, my lord...kum-ba-ya...
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby cheekymunkee » July 25th, 2009, 1:34 am

Are we having a Hallmark Moment?
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Malli » July 25th, 2009, 2:46 am

say cheese!
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby ArtGypsy » July 25th, 2009, 12:40 pm

WHEW!!!!!!!!!!! :groupHug: :smokin:
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Previous

Return to Training & Behavior