Tiny Brag

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby furever_pit » July 4th, 2009, 10:10 am

This morning we have two fellas installing some screen doors on the house. At first, Dylan was just standing by the back door watching them drill away then he just laid down and watched them. Not a peep tho...no barking, no sign of concern, just curious. Then one of the men opened the door and came into the house (didn't give any notice to me that he was coming in so Dylan was off lead) to work on this side of the door. Dylan just went up to him to get some loving and then went out onto the porch to say hello to the other worker. Neither man was intimidated by Dylan and both really seem to like him. Anyway, Dylan came right back inside when I called him and is now laying down next to me as I asked him to. Three doors are standing wide open and he is still doing what I ask and is ignoring these workers.

I really thought I was gonna have to crate him while these folks were here because I thought he was going to be annoying about wanting to be underfoot and knowing what is going on. I also thought he might try to run off while the doors are open. It's kinda nice that my dog can still surprise me. I'm proud of him.

I know, I know..not a big deal, but Dylan is making my morning. lol
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 4th, 2009, 10:20 am

Awesome!!!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby hugapitbull » July 4th, 2009, 10:56 am

Good Doggie!
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby Marinepits » July 4th, 2009, 11:54 am

Fantastic! :D
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby madremissy » July 4th, 2009, 12:00 pm

Way to go Dylan.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby Jenn » July 4th, 2009, 12:29 pm

Yay for you and Dylan!! :)
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby amazincc » July 4th, 2009, 12:43 pm

It's a VERY big deal!!! :D :confetti: :clap:

I can tell you that from experience, because my dogs insist on playing and being underfoot and HAVE to be crated when anyone comes to work on my house. :bs: :nono:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby katiek0417 » July 4th, 2009, 12:47 pm

I think that is fantastic!!! :dance:
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby furever_pit » July 4th, 2009, 12:57 pm

Thanks y'all! :D
The workers just left but they came inside to play with Dylan for a little bit beforehand. There was no jumping and no barking. One of them even called my dog "brilliant". Yes, I blushed...true story.
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Postby TinaMartin » July 4th, 2009, 6:25 pm

Thats awesome and I think you should make it a big brag!
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby TheRedQueen » July 5th, 2009, 10:43 pm

:clap: yea for both of you!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Malli » July 6th, 2009, 3:20 am

actually, I think that is a very big achievement.

He was calm around visitors, he was calm around visitors doing weird things with weird tools, he was calm -and even inviting and friendly- with visitors that you didn't introduce him to - that entered his home and his territory, and he obeyed you under a new distraction (workers coming to the house are not something that you'd often have to work with) without question.

its great! :clap: you should be VERY proud.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Patch O' Pits » July 6th, 2009, 6:51 pm

Congrats! I'm glad training is going well
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Return to Training & Behavior