leash aggression

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby TheRedQueen » February 22nd, 2009, 7:28 pm

amazincc wrote:
carryallsmom wrote: I do have a clicker. I searched my cabinet and found it. Well, she is so afraid of it. So maybe that won't work. And it sounded like a good idea. I did one click and she took off.

A clicker CAN be a great tool! Have you tried clicking WHILE feeding her an all-time favorite treat??? You have to get her to associate the clicker = very good things happen. It may take a while, and you have to have patience. :wink:

From the clickersolutions FAQ

What do I do if my dog is afraid of the clicker?

Some dogs are afraid of the sound of the clicker. There are a couple of solutions to this. One solution is to put several strips of adhesive tape over the dimpled end of the clicker. The more layers of tape, the softer the click. As the dog becomes used to the sound, you can begin removing layers of tape. Another solution is to use a different marker. Click the end of a ball point pen. Use the "bubble" on the lid of a baby food jar. Use a whistle or a flashlight.

http://www.clickersolutions.com/faq.htm#afraid :wave2:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Hundilein » February 24th, 2009, 11:30 pm

Another really easy way to quiet the clicker is to use "fun-tac", that stuff that you can put posters on the wall with. Just shove a wad of it into the end of the clicker where the "dot" is (not the end you click). It makes it super quiet. And you can use a smaller piece to make it less quiet over time if you want to.
Sarah and Renee - aka wild child
Hundilein
Loyally Bully

Previous

Return to Training & Behavior