I knew there would be a fight

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby iluvk9 » October 5th, 2008, 7:03 pm

Astro and Harleybird have been itching to duke it out. I never leave them alone. Today I was videotaping them playing and all of a sudden, Harley was up on his back legs, teeth were flying and I was screaming at the top of my lungs. Luckily, these two were not fighting to the death, just to determine who is the dominant male.

Here is the video I started to make. The Big Jackass kept barking at them and I think this may have added to the momentum of the fight. :|

http://s140.photobucket.com/albums/r35/ ... arting.flv

Don't know who "won" in their minds, but 10 minutes later, all was good in their world.

Astro: "You like me right? I like you...."
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby airwalk » October 5th, 2008, 7:08 pm

My two still will periodically squabble.
airwalk
I live here

Postby Marinepits » October 5th, 2008, 7:09 pm

Are they both okay? No wounds?
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby iluvk9 » October 5th, 2008, 7:12 pm

No wounds. They were grabbing necks and Astro has bad legs, so he sort of fell back and coudn't get a grip anymore. But they are both rather tough fighters. :shock: Astro makes a lot of noise and Harley shows a lot of teeth.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Marinepits » October 5th, 2008, 7:15 pm

Wow, that must have been scary for you all. :o

I'm glad they seem to have worked everything out -- hopefully there won't be anymore squabbles.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby iluvk9 » October 5th, 2008, 7:18 pm

At least Harleybird stopped with my screeching. I think anyone would. :wink:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Marinepits » October 5th, 2008, 7:20 pm

Oh, maybe THAT was the noise I heard today! :neener:
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby iluvk9 » October 5th, 2008, 7:25 pm

Well, I can control 350 Middle School students in a cafeteria without a microphone....
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby TheRedQueen » October 5th, 2008, 7:29 pm

As long as there's no blood or serious issues, the best thing sometimes is to let them work it out. Seems like all is well now...my guys still periodically get into "tiffs"...often they sound like they're gonna kill each other!

That pic is priceless...

Poor Truman...it sucks to be a third wheel...
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby iluvk9 » October 5th, 2008, 7:31 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:As long as there's no blood or serious issues, the best thing sometimes is to let them work it out.

I sort of knew with Harley that he never likes the new male I bring in. He did the same thing with Truman.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby TheRedQueen » October 5th, 2008, 7:35 pm

Yup, I always tell people that when you add a second dog, then a third, etc...you then have a Pack. So much different for the dogs! I find pack dynamics so interesting!

Sawyer would much prefer to be the only dog in the house...for that matter, he'd prefer it to be just John and him. :|
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby iluvk9 » October 5th, 2008, 7:38 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:Sawyer would much prefer to be the only dog in the house...for that matter, he'd prefer it to be just John and him. :|

Harleybird would MUCH rather it be just me and him.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » October 5th, 2008, 7:39 pm

Wow - glad nobody had any injuries, other than to their pride, perhaps. Should we be glad your video has no sound so we can't hear you screech?
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby iluvk9 » October 5th, 2008, 7:45 pm

BE very glad Liz...very glad. :wave2:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby airwalk » October 5th, 2008, 7:52 pm

iluvk9 wrote:Well, I can control 350 Middle School students in a cafeteria without a microphone....

Okay, I am in total awe of anyone that can control 350 Middle School students anywhere, anytime with or without a microphone....you are amazing!
airwalk
I live here

Postby pitbullmamaliz » October 5th, 2008, 7:55 pm

She probably just threatens to make them eat her cooking.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby airwalk » October 5th, 2008, 7:56 pm

Hey I'm okay with that if it works....just the very thought of being surrounded by that many middle schoolers is enough to give me the heebie jeebies.
airwalk
I live here

Postby DemoDick » October 6th, 2008, 12:38 am

As long as there's no blood or serious issues, the best thing sometimes is to let them work it out.

Only is neither dog is a Pit Bull.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby TheRedQueen » October 6th, 2008, 12:50 am

DemoDick wrote:
As long as there's no blood or serious issues, the best thing sometimes is to let them work it out.

Only is neither dog is a Pit Bull.

Demo Dick

Thus the "sometimes". I wouldn't trust most terrier breeds to "work it out". :rolleyes2:

TheRedQueen

Postby Malli » October 6th, 2008, 5:02 am

I can see about 1/2 way through, Truman's hackles go up. It seems (from watching) that Harley might have felt it was too much?

I think Truman knew before it happened. It also looks like he was uncertain what to do.

I'm sure it was unnerving! :shock:
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Next

Return to Training & Behavior