Ok, I need some help..

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby Jenn » April 19th, 2006, 2:21 pm

Let's just pretend it's a bully.. :(
This puppy will be the death of me, I'm sure of it. lol

#1 That cat!! They are finally getting along, and able to play and have a good time together. The cat is constantly hollering out in pain though. I'm not sure why she always comes right back for more? I tell him easy or say his name and he let's go. How can I save the cat from his rough housing, and constant biting? He's not hurt her by ways of drawing blood or anything, should I just not worry? She seems to enjoy the running and playing, but it's obvious when she's had enough he's just not getting it.

#2 I was having a really hard time with Tucker and Ben (my male). Ben was wanting to be accepting, while Tucker seems to constantly want to challenge him. Jumping on him, hair raised, teeth biting, and just snarling away. I give Tucker a correction, and Ben looks at me with a "what the hell" look. I've been keeping Tucker on leash, and them seperated for the most part. Especially, if I'm not going to be right there at all times.

Last night, everyone (but the cat) was laying around. My daughter and I were working on her work pages. Tucker kept agitating my daughter as always. I didn't say a word, since I'm having issues with her not being very authorative with him and told her "tell him no!" She did, and he went away for a second. Ben had been laying beside me on the floor, and got up and moved. Tucker jumped up and grabbed her pencil, she told him "No" and he jumped up at her and barked. Out of nowhere Ben was there and bit him (snapped at him). Tucker wasn't hurt, unless you count shock & his pride. Ben just looked at me, put his head down, then went and laid back down. All I did was make sure Tucker wasn't hurt and put him in his crate. :| Honestly, I wasn't sure what to do??

#3 - My daughter and issues with Tucker.. I've been having her feed him, give him water, and walk him when we're home. Of course not at night. Tucker does not pull me, and does not bite the leash when we're walking. With her, he does. He runs or walks with the leash in his mouth tugging and pulling away. She corrects him, with a tug and tells him no. Though he doesn't listen. Continously, he will bark at her, pull, and bite the leash. He has stopped the nipping, though it was no easy task. How can I teach him to quit testing her, or teach her to teach him? I've never met a more stubborn, bull headed, PUPPY!
Jenn
undecided

Postby pitbullmamaliz » April 19th, 2006, 3:00 pm

As somebody wise once told me when I first got Inara - they make puppies cute because otherwise you'd kill the bastards. :D
Sounds like Tucker is a little big for his britches (I can't believe I just said britches) and needs taught that he is NOT top dog in the house. Have you attended obedience school with him? If not, that would be my first recommendation, and make sure it's at a time when your daughter can attend with you. And I don't know if you're already doing this, but it sounds like some serious NILIF policy is in need. NOTHING IN LIFE IS FREE. Make him sit, down, whatever before he comes out of his crate, eats, goes outside, comes back in, gets petted, EVERYTHING. No attention for him unless he does something for you. And especially make sure your daughter goes by this rule. Good luck and keep us updated.
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Return to Training & Behavior