I'm so proud of her ..

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby Emi » April 18th, 2006, 7:07 pm

Well where to begin, some of you know the story of Miss Dottie ..

We had to teach her to do alot of things ...

We have tried to potty train her on the leash which she wouldn't do :| we tried every thing ... so she's been using piddle pads for the last how ever long she's been with us...

Well at the beginning of this month ... she decided it was time to be a big girl and is now going pee on her leash... :highfive: but she still hasn't accomplished going poo on the leash , guess it will take time , I am so proud of her ... :dogRun:

Oh forgot to state , that if she's off her leash like at Scott's house out side she will go both ways, but not on her leash ... and we live in an apartment and she has to be on her leash all the time when she's out side here ...
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby msvette2u » April 18th, 2006, 7:12 pm

Yay!!
Have you tried using a flexi-lead? Sometimes they feel more privacy if they are further away from us :)
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby Purple » April 18th, 2006, 7:23 pm

Heehee...a bashful bully! :door:
Purple
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » April 18th, 2006, 8:12 pm

Good for her!!! Justice is shy about going potty too. She turns her back to us & looks over her should to see if we are watching. I snuck up on her once. Can you see he humiliation on her face?

There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby katiek0417 » April 18th, 2006, 9:35 pm

Way to make your dog poop...old trick used in the "show" circuit (learned it from the breeder from whom I got Sacha).

It's called the "match trick." Take a wooden match (from the kitchen), use some K-Y or Astroglide on the tip you would light, insert it...well, you know where...about 1/3 to 1/2 way...b/c there's something in there, the dog will "push." Hence making it poop...

I potty trained both my girls this way...
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby pitbullmamaliz » April 18th, 2006, 10:39 pm

Cheeky, you're such a mean mommy!

And Katie, *shudder*, EWWWW.

:)
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby katiek0417 » April 19th, 2006, 6:55 am

pitbullmamaliz wrote:
And Katie, *shudder*, EWWWW.

:)

I SWEAR, it works!!! I hated doing it...but it made my dogs poop, which then gained them freedom in my house (as puppies)... :|

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby dogcrazyjen » April 19th, 2006, 9:50 am

I did it to Tess, but used just paper matches. I then had hot dogs ready to give her when she went.

Before, you could stand out there 1/2 hour+ and she would not poop. The old owners scolded her for pooping in the house, then tied her out to poop alone. She learned that pooping in front of people was bad and got her in trouble. :rolleyes2:
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby Malli » April 19th, 2006, 12:23 pm

what katie says is true!! Lots of the animals at work will go #2 after we temp. them, and we don't use their mouths if you know what I mean!

malli
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby girlie » April 19th, 2006, 1:34 pm

A friend of mine uses a blade of grass.....don't know if that is the best solution though, isn't there the possibility of it accidentally cutting the dog?
girlie
Devoutly Bully

Postby Asta » April 19th, 2006, 5:12 pm

Aawww congrats Emi :) !
Guinness is really umm private too, and will venture into the woods or high grass if possible. She has never ever gone on bare ground such as a sidewalk or road. She turns her back, glances at you to see if you watch her then does her business. It would be pretty much impossible without a flexilead on her i think.

Cheers,

Åsa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby Emi » April 20th, 2006, 2:10 pm

YAHOO she went poo this afternoon out side on her leash

/does the happy snoopy dance ...

:bounce: :elephant: :groupHug: :bananaDance: :groupjump: :bump: :kool:
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby Emi » May 15th, 2006, 5:21 pm

UPDATE:

She's doing really well now going out side to go potty , she's been doing both now out side ... i'm so so so so proud of her ...

Well , she get's shy if she see's some one coming , i mean a little girl has to have some privacy ... :highfive:
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby rockermom » May 15th, 2006, 6:03 pm

Glad to hear. Thats a tough one. We once had a Dobe who you could walk for hours she would not poo on leash had her 2 months she never pooed on leash rarely pee. Open the door and let her out and she pee right away then poo. Guess she was never walked.
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby katiek0417 » May 15th, 2006, 7:56 pm

I've been staying with a friend on weekends, and I keep my dogs in the car overnight....

In the morning, I put the leash on them (one at a time) to let them potty....I can barely get the puppy to pee on the leash, much less poop...Sacha is just pee (although she does it rather quickly)...what's funny is that they both get walked regularly (and both have peed and pooped on their walks)...I think it has to do with being a new place....but it drives me nuts....especially with the puppy (think up late, up at 6 to potty her, etc)...

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby cheekymunkee » May 15th, 2006, 8:14 pm

My neighbors rented their house out for a while to a couple who had a spaniel puppy which both of my dogs HATED!! They wanted Elvis back ( ancient bird dog) , it's his yard & they did not like that little yappy fur ball being in it. So, for about a week or so, mine could ONLY go out on leash until I got them taught to stay away from the fence. They HATED it. Especially Justice, she was determined she was not going to potty while on it, she did eventually but she was not happy.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Return to Training & Behavior