Obedience video

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby cheekymunkee » March 21st, 2006, 10:14 pm

Wait.........dogs are supposed to MIND??? Why didn't someone tell me this earlier???
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 21st, 2006, 10:36 pm

Chris, I sent you a PM - did you receive it? The system seems to only send some of the PM's I send. :|
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby rockermom » March 23rd, 2006, 7:49 am

What kind of collar do you use?
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby chance's mom » March 23rd, 2006, 10:34 pm

DemoDick wrote:Sorry Chris, I just got a chance to watch the video for the first time.

I like that Rumble ignores the unstable and irregular footing (hay bales, log) to maintain handler focus. I also like that he stays focused on you throughout the session, but that's not a surprise as I've seen him maintain that focus a lot longer than that with multiple decoys to distract him.

I had no sound on the version I watched. Towards the end you recalled him off of a hay bale. Were you directing him to crawl during the recall or was he creeping?

Connor does the same flip finish into heel (his idea as well). The difference is he doesn't slam me in the junk like Rumble does to Chris. He hits me in the chest and shoulder. The more I watch Rumble work the more I see Connor's potential. They must share the same brain.

Cool video. Should be required viewing for anyone who claims that corrections in training produce an unhappy obedience dog. I'm hoping to post a similar one myself soon.

Demo Dick

first of all, about him hitting you in the junk, thanks demo i didnt even catch that part.... haaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhaaaaaaaaaaa!! ok sorry that was kinda funny. i am now amazed that connor does the jump into heal also, my dog does something like that everytime he comes becuase he gets so over excited!! i also was amazed at the way he held attention to you through distractions. and teaching him crawl for the reason you did, awesome idea!!!!
i wonder if someone might enlighten me on what the 30 min down is??
chance's mom
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby dogcrazyjen » March 24th, 2006, 10:03 am

30 minute down is just that-a down stay for 30 minutes. No treats, no tools, the dog just needs to lay down at your feet for 30 minutes. It builds the leadership/submissive relationship, and teaches self control. I have been doing it with my bull terrier the last week, and it is not easy. She gets up about 100 times, but I put her back 101 times. She is getting better every night, but it is hard, she has never had much in the way of limits set on her (she is my little baby princess and is spoiled rotten :oops: !)
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Previous

Return to Training & Behavior