Knuckles still urinating in house

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby Marinepits » March 16th, 2006, 5:57 pm

Just a thought, but what kind of floors do you have in the house? If it's a porous floor (unsealed wood, tile, carpet and padding) and you don't get out every last bit of urine and scent, he could still be smelling the urine and feel that it's okay to pee in the house.

Our male puppy kept peeing right in front of the door from the house to the deck, and once we ripped up the carpeting and replaced it, he didn't pee there anymore. He was about 18 months when we did that.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 16th, 2006, 7:46 pm

Over the past three days Inara has begun peeing on the floor again. We'll let her out, and then maybe 20 minutes later we'll walk into the other room and there will be pee on the floor. It's extremely frustrating as she's been doing so well. Right now she only has access to two rooms (god bless baby gates) but I think I may restrict her back to one room for a while. Unfortunately, the one room she'd be in has carpet. Don't know. :|
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby luvmyangels » March 16th, 2006, 8:31 pm

Marinepits wrote:Just a thought, but what kind of floors do you have in the house? If it's a porous floor (unsealed wood, tile, carpet and padding) and you don't get out every last bit of urine and scent, he could still be smelling the urine and feel that it's okay to pee in the house.

Our male puppy kept peeing right in front of the door from the house to the deck, and once we ripped up the carpeting and replaced it, he didn't pee there anymore. He was about 18 months when we did that.

My kitchen floor is vinyl and my livingroom and hallways are sealed hardwood. The only place I would have a problem with is the bedroom's which are carpeted. Except for this last time he really has never urinated on the carpet. I used Simple Solutions on the carpet which seems to be one of the better products for getting rid of urine smells on carpeting.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby luvmyangels » March 16th, 2006, 8:33 pm

pitbullmamaliz wrote:Over the past three days Inara has begun peeing on the floor again. We'll let her out, and then maybe 20 minutes later we'll walk into the other room and there will be pee on the floor. It's extremely frustrating as she's been doing so well. Right now she only has access to two rooms (god bless baby gates) but I think I may restrict her back to one room for a while. Unfortunately, the one room she'd be in has carpet. Don't know. :|

I know what you are saying about frustration. I too have a baby gate which mine blocks them in the kitchen.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Previous

Return to Training & Behavior