I'm so proud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby randi81 » July 22nd, 2007, 6:21 pm

My aunt had her female AmStaff, China, over today. China is dog reactive, as is Saydee. Saydee normally (95% of the time) does NOT do well with female dogs. My aunt isn't the best owner by a long shot. China gets aggressive when she's on-leash, and my aunt smacks her all the time, etc. I try to talk (which leads to many, many fights) to her and make her leave China alone when she's here, but that's a whole 'nother issue. So anyways, China was out playing in the yard, so I decided to introduce her to Saydee. I took Saydee into our neighbors yard.. it's seperated by a chain link fence. I had Saydee on leash, and China kept lunging at the fence. I though well, maybe the leash on Saydee is setting her off. So I took it off of her. Let me tell you, SAYDEE WAS A FREAKIN ANGEL!!!!!!! China was barking her head off, Saydee just playbowed and barked (not snarling -- the play kind), but still China was having no part of it. Saydee even went so far as to roll over on her back, laying against the fence, so China could get a good sniff.

This is a dog who has NEVER been submissive to another dog before, LET ALONE a FEMALE!!! I'm so freakin proud of her, I couldn't stop showering her with praise. I'm just so pleased!

Back to my aunt; I try to tell her that when China gets aggressive towards other dogs, the smacking and pinching her nose is NOT HELPING, it's making it worse. She doesn't wanna hear it. She gets in a huff, and she leaves. She said to me today, "Why doesn't Saydee snarl and bark and get out of control like China does?" I had to explain to her it's cuz I don't beat my dog! I tried getting her to leave China here for a few days so that I could work with her (we'd crate and rotate, of course), but she refuses. So, I dunno what else I can do. :(
-Randi.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body; but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
randi81
Full of Bully

Postby Marinepits » July 22nd, 2007, 6:26 pm

"Pinching her nose"? :shock:

Yea, Saydee! What a GOOD girl! :helloClap:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 22nd, 2007, 6:39 pm

Yay for Saydee! :rock:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby randi81 » July 22nd, 2007, 7:05 pm

On July 22 2007, 6:26 PM, Marinepits wrote:"Pinching her nose"? :shock:

Yeah, she grabs her by her nose, pinches her muzzle. Drags her by the collar, slaps the hell out of her. I really wish I could grab, pinch, drag, and slap HER. She's a moron. She got China at the Humane Society, "not knowing" she's a pit bull. Well, an AmStaff. China is one of those odd looking short and squat pits.. like how the Camelot pits look. She refuses to get her fixed, it's just a mess. And the woman is not stable. :nono:
-Randi.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body; but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
randi81
Full of Bully

Postby Marinepits » July 22nd, 2007, 7:27 pm

Poor China. :(

(no offense meant to your aunt)
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby luvmypitties » July 22nd, 2007, 9:53 pm

Its hard to deal with family members especially when they own the breed.

And I am glad that Saydee was a good girl! Makes you so happy! And congrats to you for helping her get there!
Tina
Our thoughts and prayers are with Mick and Christine! We love you both!

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
RIP Abby! I always loved you!
luvmypitties
I live here

Postby randi81 » July 22nd, 2007, 10:33 pm

On July 22 2007, 7:27 PM, Marinepits wrote:Poor China. :(

(no offense meant to your aunt)

None taken, trust me!
-Randi.

randi81
Full of Bully

Return to Training & Behavior