Is your APBT a clown?

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Is your APBT silly?

Poll ended at June 18th, 2007, 9:24 pm

Silly as a puppy but not anymore
No votes
Silly as a puppy and still is as an adult over 2 years old
78%
Not all that silly as a puppy but silly as an adult over 2 years old
22%
Never was, still isn't, and gives no indication he/she ever will be
No votes

Total votes : 9

Postby DempseysPaw » June 8th, 2007, 9:20 pm

So I've had this little (31 pounds) female APBT (my first) that I found as a stray about a month now and every ones best guess is that she's right about 6 months old. I know she's just a puppy right now but she's awful silly most of the time and generally spends most of her awake time clowning around. So my question is this, Any of you own APBT's that stayed clowns or are they known for being silly and clownish as adults also?

I've raised a few Boxers in the past and they're notorious for being clowns and this one really reminds me of my Dempsey in his youth so I'm kinda hoping that she'll stay a little goofy.
DempseysPaw
Just Whelped

Postby cheekymunkee » June 8th, 2007, 9:45 pm

Munkee will be 8 in a few months & is a complete doofus. He will do ANYTHING to make us laugh & if he does get a laugh out of you it eggs him on. This is him a few months ago, he had been nibbling on my pillow, looked at me & grinned. I laughed at him & the grin got even bigger.

Justice is a little more serious than he is but she is still a very silly girl. She gets this crazed look on her face & all hell breaks loose. We have to hide from her when she gets the zoomies because she will make a bee-line straight for you.

I find the boys to be sillier than the girls but they are all goof balls.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Marinepits » June 8th, 2007, 9:48 pm

I have one APBT, two APBT mixes, one APBT/boxer mix, and one SBT. One of the APBT mixes is probably mixed with Mastiff -- he was really silly and dorky up until about a year ago. He's four-ish now. The other four are completely silly most of the time. The oldest is 14 and the youngest is 11 months.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby pitbullmamaliz » June 8th, 2007, 10:22 pm

That picture of Munkee cracks me up every time I see it! I could just stare at it and laugh all day!

Inara is a little over a year and half old, and she is still EXTREMELY silly! She dances with her toys, gets the zoomies, and just enjoys life to the fullest. :D
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Patch O' Pits » June 9th, 2007, 11:58 am

APBTs are forever silly puppies no matter what the age IMO at least mine and all the ones I know :D
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby randi81 » June 9th, 2007, 8:39 pm

On June 09 2007, 11:58 AM, Patch O' Pits wrote:APBTs are forever silly puppies no matter what the age IMO at least mine and all the ones I know :D

Yup, so is my Saydee.

Debby, that is the FUNNIEST picture I've ever seen. Everyone in the house is staring at me cuz I busted up laughing for no apparent reason! You should post more pics... that's the first time I've seen Munkee. :D
-Randi.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body; but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
randi81
Full of Bully

Postby amazincc » June 9th, 2007, 9:45 pm

Still silly... I hope it never changes... :D
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby sw_df27 » June 11th, 2007, 2:53 pm

that has got to be one of the funniest pics I have ever seen LMAO
sw_df27
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby cheekymunkee » June 12th, 2007, 9:52 pm

I have had people tell me he looks scary in that pic. How in the HELL does that dog look scary?? :?

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby DempseysPaw » June 12th, 2007, 11:27 pm

If you didn't know better and were just a natural scardy cat you might by some stretch of the imagination think he's lunging forward and snapping. I look at that and it's as if I can almost hear him laughing. To some people any time they show teeth they look scary.

This is my Otis. Quite scary indeed if you didn't know I took that while he was yawning.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that some of them are inherently clownish and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this little girl stays that way.
DempseysPaw
Just Whelped

Postby cheekymunkee » June 14th, 2007, 8:34 pm

Otis is beautiful!!

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby DempseysPaw » June 14th, 2007, 10:19 pm

Thank you. We just adopted him on New Years day this year. Unfortunately he is not silly at all and has no real appreciation for it either. He enjoys his people and I'm sure he would much rather be an only dog. But to his credit he is quite obedient and loyal and he's also very very soft and loves to cuddle. He really is quite cute and adorable when we get those rare moments alone with him.

He had sort of a weird history. He was adopted out as a puppy and then two years later he was picked up running loose. They scanned him and picked up his chip which led them to his original family who informed the shelter that they had given him away a year or so earlier. They gave the shelter the last known contact info. for his current owners who decided to decline to pick him up for whatever reason, so they next contacted the adoption agency which originally had him as a puppy and they went and got him. He spent a couple of months in a foster and then we came along and adopted him.

I'm sure he lived in a loud stressful house at some point because whenever things aren't completely quiet and calm he go's and finds somewhere in the house that is. He doesn't like anything high energy or any sudden moves. But his one really bad habit is when he feels like he's being cornered. If you grab him by the collar to force his movement in one direction or another or to crate or bath him he will turn his head as if he plans to grab your hand and bite. He's grabbed me twice but never really bitten (yet).
DempseysPaw
Just Whelped

Return to Training & Behavior