Why cant my bullys just share and be nice?!

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby BullyMommy12210 » June 6th, 2007, 2:26 pm

My husband and I have two APBTs, a one year old male named Brooklyn and a five month old female named Destiny. They get along great unless there are toys around! :? There are three things that normally happen if toys are around... 1- If Destiny has a toy, Brooklyn will just stand really still and look at her for a while. After a miniute he will slowly creep towards her, start to growl and then brak and jump at her! 2- If there is a toy on the ground Brooklyn will pick it up and jump up and the sofa and just sit there forever! He wont lay down, he wont chew on the toy.. nothing! He just sits there! Destiny will stand right in front of him and bark and bark and bark untill he drops the toy and lunges at her again! 3- If Brooklyn and Destiny each have their own toy and they are the same kind of toys either Destiny will drop hers and go after Brooklyns or Brooklyn will drop his and go after hers! Destiny, will again, just stand infront of Brooklyn and bark untill he acts like hes going to bite her or Brooklyn will again just stand and look at Destiny, slowly creep towards her, start to growl and then jump at her?! :? They have never bit each other or hurt each other (thanks god!), but it scared me to death! I am going crazy! There is NOTHING I can do to get them to stop! The only thing that works is to just not let them have toys if they are in the same room (which is pretty much all of the time!). I am assuming it has something to do with dominance?? Neither of them are fixed, but they will be within the next few weeks.. will that mabey help?? If they are playing with something they shouldnt have like a sock or a shoe they share just fine! :) But, if its one of their toys its war! I need to see if there is anything I can do about this?! They are great dog! They get along (unless there are toys around) they are well trained and they are very obedient unless they are fighting over toys! :( I need some help please!! :cry:
BullyMommy12210
Just Whelped

Postby Big_Ant » June 6th, 2007, 3:34 pm

On 06/06/2007 11:26 AM, BullyMommy12210 wrote:There is NOTHING I can do to get them to stop!

Yes there is . . .

See:
The only thing that works is to just not let them have toys if they are in the same room.

Neither of them are fixed, but they will be within the next few weeks.. will that mabey help??

Nope, that won't fix it.

- Anthony
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby Wyldmoonwoman » June 6th, 2007, 8:30 pm

Good posting Anthony :D

Keep the toys and treats in the crates or in separate rooms and all should be good
"If I were not a man, I would like to be a bird. As I am a man, I do the next best thing, and ride a bicycle." -- Rev. Maltie, a cyclist in the late 1800s
Wyldmoonwoman
Full of Bully

Postby randi81 » June 6th, 2007, 10:30 pm

Yeah, what Anthony and Lisa said. :wink: My dogs are best friends but Saydee MUST be in the kitchen all by herself to eat. If she even hears Poptart's nails clicking on the floor while she's eating, hackles are up, and Poptart's almost a snack.

Just keep their toys seperate and you should be fine. :)
-Randi.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body; but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
randi81
Full of Bully

Return to Training & Behavior