Need some feedback info. and advise

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby cheekymunkee » June 2nd, 2007, 1:49 pm

Do what you think is right, you sound like you are heading in the right direction as far as finding her a new home. Be patient, take your time, don't be afraid to say "no" and you will find the perfect home for her. :)
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby DempseysPaw » June 3rd, 2007, 8:12 pm

Well we've been on the leash every night this week out taking long walks and things are moving along pretty well.

She still hates the crate and will still pee in the house when things don't go her way, unless she's tied out in the living room with us. I've taken to just leaving her on a leash attached to the wall and all of a sudden she can go 5 hours without peeing instead of the usual 45 minutes. It also comes in pretty handy when they're wrestling because I can just call my dogs off and she can't follow them to instigate more. I think she may be learning by example like some of my others have. Today we worked on sit (I used food to reward her which is something I'm normally not a fan of) and it didn't take her long to figure it out especially with 3 other dogs sitting and getting all the food. I'm going to eliminate the food now that she has the idea and just go with good old fashioned love and attention instead. [/i]
DempseysPaw
Just Whelped

Previous

Return to Training & Behavior