Wally Loves Motorcycles

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby SisMorphine » April 21st, 2007, 8:49 am

:?

He is such a weird dog. I didn't have to work this morning and made sure I took Wally out at midnight so he wouldn't wake me up this morning. Well at 7:30 he launched himself out of bed, running to the door. I was like "crap, he's gonna have diarrhea or something." So I rush him outside only to realize that my friend's brother (who lives upstairs) had started up one of her motorcycles. Wally runs right over, tail going a mile a minute, realizes who it is and decides he can go back inside and go to bed.

One of his foster homes must have had a motorcycle or something because anytime he hears one he gets all crazy happy . . . apparently to a point where it wakes him out of a dead sleep. Maybe his kennel manager always rode up on one or something. I'll have to email her and ask.

Anyone else's dog have a love of motorcycles? Frankly with the noise I figure it would be more likely that they'd be afraid.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Hoyden » April 21st, 2007, 11:11 am

Birdie loves commercial lawn mowers. She associates them with Mark.

I have to admit that the look on my bosses neighbor's landscaper's face was pretty comical when Birdie tried to run right up to the mower, but realized it wasn't Mark so she stuck her nose up and waltzed away.

He was baffled why the dog wasn't afraid of the mower's noise, but just turned around and walk away when she got to him.

Harvey explained it to him.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby cheekymunkee » April 21st, 2007, 11:15 am

Mine don't seem to care one way or another about my brother's Harley. They don't even flinch when he starts it in the morning & shakes the walls ( he got new pipes). BUT Justice HATES seeing him or anyone else on a bike! She is a weirdo though, she also does not like people in the window at the drive through. That just blows her mind. She thinks people should all be in cars or standing. :?
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Asta » April 22nd, 2007, 5:38 am

Interesting, would be really neat to know what you find out about his past and bikes!

Guinness just wants to eat them...And lawnmovers too...BUT she has a great fondness for buses. Although i strongly suspect that her enthusiasm has more to do with the ride, than fond people memories haha

Ã…sa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Return to Training & Behavior