BH title

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby bahamutt99 » April 16th, 2007, 6:09 pm

Does anybody know about this title? How does it compare in difficulty to UKC novice obedience? I've been told that its similar, but with more heeling, and the dog has to work with gunshots? I'd be interested in whatever anybody has to share with me about it.
~~~
[b]Lindsay
[i]& the [url=http://www.freewebs.com/bahamutt99/index.htm]Gravity Dogs[/url][/i][/b]
bahamutt99
Confident Young Bully

Postby katiek0417 » April 17th, 2007, 9:52 am

There are no gunshots in the BH. Several judges have told me that they look for control of the dog, rather than perfect obedience (though I have heard that some judges look for the perfect heel, etc)....

There is no retrieve nor are there any jumps in the BH. It is a heeling pattern on leash, followed by the same pattern off-leash, then a long down...you must also pass a temperament/traffic test...
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby bahamutt99 » April 17th, 2007, 5:37 pm

That makes it sound easy. Heeling is not a problem. She doesn't hold the tightest position, but she stays with me. Her off-lead is probably better than her on-lead, actually, because her eye contact improves when she doesn't have the leash to guide her. I think I'll see if there's going to be a trial here soon, so I can go and watch. Thanks!
~~~
[b]Lindsay
[i]& the [url=http://www.freewebs.com/bahamutt99/index.htm]Gravity Dogs[/url][/i][/b]
bahamutt99
Confident Young Bully

Postby ellie@ny » April 17th, 2007, 5:46 pm

Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby mnp13 » April 17th, 2007, 11:38 pm

Is the BH pass/fail or scored? Yes, I know the score is what dictates the pass/fail, but you know what I mean...
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby katiek0417 » April 18th, 2007, 5:20 pm

On April 17 2007, 10:38 PM, mnp13 wrote:Is the BH pass/fail or scored? Yes, I know the score is what dictates the pass/fail, but you know what I mean...

Pass/Fail

Oh, and I forgot, the long down is done while the next dog is doing the obedience routine....

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby bahamutt99 » April 19th, 2007, 12:55 am

On April 18 2007, 3:20 PM, katiek0417 wrote:Oh, and I forgot, the long down is done while the next dog is doing the obedience routine....

Okay, so its like an honor dog exercise. No problem there, either. :D
~~~
[b]Lindsay
bahamutt99
Confident Young Bully

Postby katiek0417 » April 19th, 2007, 6:21 am

exactly....the hardest part of the entire routine is memorizing the number of steps, etc...

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Return to Training & Behavior