testing me... need advise

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby chance's mom » February 22nd, 2006, 9:22 pm

ok, so now that i have changed my schedule we have started leaving chance out of his kennel. he used to go to work with my bf when we were carpooling, becuase we worked like 7a-7p. now we have it where chance can stay out while we work. he has gates up so he is still confined to the 2nd floor, which is our kitchen, dinning room and living room, so he still has boundaries. we starte him off with half an hour alone out and about, then an hour, so over a period of a couple weeks we tried it to see how he would do, he has done great. minus a couple small things he got into, really no biggie. problem is he is now testing me a lot!!! he tries to take my slippers off my feet while i wear them, i he jumped on the kitchen counter today, which he has never done!! i will make him lay down and he will do the "combat crawl" away. if i am walking upstairs, he will push into the back of my knee or push into me like he is trying to trip me or something. i dont baby him, i dont give him attention if anything i tell him no and ignore him. when he behaves i pet him but not until he behaves the way i want. but he just keeps finding new ways to test me!!!! is it because he now has the house to himself while we are at work? i didnt just up and give him the house, he earned it over time. he gets a kong w/ penut butter and a toy so he doesnt get into stuff while we are gone. i just dont get it and i am going nuts!! help please!
chance's mom
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby chance's mom » February 22nd, 2006, 9:23 pm

i forgot to mention, he used to be kenneled, i now work 6a-2p and my bf doesnt leave til after i do.
chance's mom
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby mnp13 » February 22nd, 2006, 9:53 pm

go back to crating him for a week and see if his behavior improves. that's the easiest way to start to figure it out.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby chance's mom » February 22nd, 2006, 11:09 pm

good idea, i will be trying that. lots of overtime this week so i am leaving extra extra early so chance didnt have to be out longer than necessary w/out being able to go potty. i guess he would do good to go back in the kennel.
chance's mom
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Return to Training & Behavior