Leash training at Petco

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby airwalk » November 11th, 2008, 1:48 pm

:mad2: okay, so why have you two never given up this little trick before...I know you just like watching me walk around hunched over and then trying to stand up....meanies :nono:
airwalk
I live here

Postby TheRedQueen » November 11th, 2008, 1:52 pm

:lookaround:

Ummm...it is funny...;)

I had a puppy raiser ask me the same thing the other day...lol.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby airwalk » November 11th, 2008, 2:12 pm

With fire leaping from their eyes as they were trying to stand up straight... :D
airwalk
I live here

Postby TheRedQueen » November 11th, 2008, 2:33 pm

airwalk wrote:With fire leaping from their eyes as they were trying to stand up straight... :D

She's quite...um...busty, I and was thinking she might just tip over... :dance:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby airwalk » November 11th, 2008, 3:03 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:
airwalk wrote:With fire leaping from their eyes as they were trying to stand up straight... :D

they're called counterweights, but they only work when you can actually bend over the other way occassionaly. :wink:
airwalk
I live here

Postby TheRedQueen » November 11th, 2008, 3:10 pm

airwalk wrote:
TheRedQueen wrote:

they're called counterweights, but they only work when you can actually bend over the other way occassionaly. :wink:

:spit:

See, I have no idea about these things!

TheRedQueen

Postby Hundilein » November 11th, 2008, 3:44 pm

I use a long spoon for short dogs. I got a long, blue plastic spoon at the dollar store that stays in my training bag. It's nice because stuff tends to stay on it a bit better than a flat stick. One word of caution though, make sure to spread the peanut butter/cream cheese/whatever you use out on the spoon/stick, otherwise the dog can grab the whole thing on the first lick and then they sit there for 5 minutes making that peanut butter-stuck-on-roof-of-mouth face.
Sarah and Renee - aka wild child
Hundilein
Loyally Bully

Postby katiek0417 » November 11th, 2008, 4:58 pm

airwalk wrote::mad2: okay, so why have you two never given up this little trick before...I know you just like watching me walk around hunched over and then trying to stand up....meanies :nono:

Sorry...I thought I did mention it before!!!! :| :oops:
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder