Skeeter at PAWS in Norwalk CT

Postby Marinepits » February 6th, 2007, 2:05 pm

Don't be fooled by my looks! I'm a big mush-ball!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know how it terrible it feels when your boyfriend or girlfriends dumps you? Now imagine how it feels to have the people who you thought loved you leave you at a dirty, smelly pound where many of the dogs never get adopted but instead go to doggie heaven. I was one of the lucky ones because the pound wasn't having any luck finding a home for a big guy like me and PAWS rescued me before I could be sent to doggie heaven like so many of the others.

Unfortunately for me, I've been passed over time and time again and the nice staff and volunteers don't understand why. I've heard them talking about me but I don't let on that I understand every word that they say. Things like "scary looking" and "too big for most people" seem to come up alot. Both of those things aren't my fault! I can't help it that someone did a chop job on my ears & cropped them so close to my head. And I can't help it that I'm "big-boned". I'm only 74 lbs - I've seen bigger! I'm sometimes possesive of my toys but it's hard not to be when you never know if one of the other dogs are going to try to take your stuff.

I need someone who can look beyond these things and see me for the truly laid-back and easy-going guy that I am. Heck! I recently marched in the local parade and even though it was a hot day I glady shared my waterbowl with all the little dogs that were also marching with us. It got sort of hot at the parade and the volunteers put me in the wagon so I could rest a bit before walking the rest of the way. Even big guys need a little pampering from time to time! I don't have any problem with other dogs but cats are another story. I'm really not fond of the sneaky little fur-devils. I'm not looking for a super-active home and to be honest, I'm kind of a couch potato. A brief walk, a little bit of ball tossing and I'm good. No need to schedule tons of activities for me like some of those herding dogs.

Some vitals on me: I'm about 5 years young, already neutered & am up to date on my shots. All that's missing is for someone to look beyond the surface & see me for the gentleman inside. Are you the one?

To adopt or sponsor Skeeter please visit http://www.pawsct.org/adopt.php
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Marinepits » September 4th, 2007, 3:10 pm

I am THRILLED to announce that Skeeter has been adopted after a two year wait!!!

:mrHappy:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Jenn » September 4th, 2007, 8:42 pm

Wow, two years! Congratulations Skeeter!!
Jenn
undecided

Postby cheekymunkee » September 5th, 2007, 9:45 pm

Wow!! Good luck cutie!!!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Return to Rescue