Blind, Pregnant Pit Bull in LA shelter

Postby mnp13 » December 31st, 2006, 11:40 am

Cross Post:

If someone in the Los Angeles area rescues her and fosters her, I will donate food, toys, beds and blankets.

(A foster would save her life and she COULD be transported after her babies are born)

ARME will also assist as much as possible in placing the pups once they are ready.

Please forward this if you know someone. I will also offer assistance on caring for the pups and can foster a couple of them after they are weaned.

-Shannon info@uncagedfilms.com

ORIGINAL:
Subject: Redding, CA. - Blind, Pregnant, and shaking with fear, sweet tiny Kissbull mix

Importance: High

If you can help in any way please contact Laura at: lrathe295@yahoo.com (@yahoo.com). [NOT the shelter, as they are not set up to deal with too many outside calls]

I got an email from Laura Rathe (who just took the grieving Chow mama from South L.A.whose puppies all died, and she pared them with some puppies she had whose mother had died), about this very sweet and scared, blind, very pregnant little dog who is at the shelter in Redding, Calif. This little thing was dumped at the shelter by a heartless person, who said that he had just "found her". I can only imagine how terrified she must be at the smells and sounds of fear that she senses at the shelter; please don't let her have her babies in terror at the shelter.

If you can help in any way please contact Laura [NOT the shelter, they are not set up to deal with too many outside calls] at: lrathe295@yahoo.com (@yahoo.com). Laura has offered to pull and transport to any qualified rescue or home; she is desperate to save this sweet dog from euth.

Laura wrote:

"I was at our shelter today returning the pet of the week after taking her to the TV station for her day as "Star of the Day". In the kennel next to hers sat this TERRIFIED, SHAKING, VERY TINY and VERY PREGNANT, BLIND little pitt mix (mostly pit). Shes so skinny except for her obvious preg state. She is TREMBLING with FEAR".

I went into her kennel and she climbed on my lap...I whispered in her ear that I would try with all my might to get her out of there. She raised her head and licked my face.

I got her a soft blanket and I left her sitting there wondering where I went,. I'm sure she thinks I too deserted her

I haven't stopped crying since.

This little girl is just a baby herself and now shes sitting in a place that is terrifying to any dog, much less a blind baby with babies.

Some brought her in yesterday and claimed she is a stray. So she is safe for the 4 days they are required to hold her. If we can get her to safety, I will bring her here when her stray time is up while we work out details of her rescue

This is not a good place for her as we have too much activity here and already a litter of puppies.

I just cant see this girl dying in this shelter.........she is incredibly sweet and trusting.

I will pay all fees to pull this girl and I will find transport to get her to a safe place.

PLEASE ANYONE IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS, EMAIL ME RIGHT AWAY

laura@petswithoutpartners.com (@petswithoutpartners.com).
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby luvmypitties » December 31st, 2006, 3:57 pm

I wish i could help!!! I hope someone comes along for her!!!
Tina
Our thoughts and prayers are with Mick and Christine! We love you both!

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
RIP Abby! I always loved you!
luvmypitties
I live here

Postby msvette2u » December 31st, 2006, 5:11 pm

I dropped them a line but if they can find someone closer, that'd be better I'm sure. She may lose the puppies due to stress, at this point, that's what happened with Kona :(
msvette2u
I live here

Postby msvette2u » January 1st, 2007, 8:16 pm

PLEASE POST AND CROSS POST

The little pitty mom is safe and resting quietly at her foster home. I was able to pull her early and I took her to the foster last night. She has her very own bedroom and the foster mom slept with her last nght so she wouldn't be scared

She wiggled with happiness when I came to take her out. I would like to think she was waiting for me to come back

It is a wonderful start to a NEW YEAR

Please thank everyone you know for being concerned, offering support and comfort to this little pitty mom and her babes

Alls well

Laura Rathe
msvette2u
I live here

Postby iluvk9 » January 1st, 2007, 8:38 pm

Yeah!!! :clap:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby mnp13 » January 1st, 2007, 9:37 pm

THANKS FOR THE UPDATE!!!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Return to Rescue